Dr Randy Silvers
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Business and Law|
|Department:||Deakin Business School|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 92517376 +61 3 92517376|
- Bachelor of Arts, Stanford University, 1988
- Master of Arts (Economics), Univ. of Calif. (San Diego), 1990
- Doctor of Philosophy, Arizona State University, 2005
Contract Theory, Game Theory, Economics of Information, Microeconomics (Introductory, Intermediate, Advanced), Industrial Organization
- 2013, Sarah Hilborn "Heterogeneous Firms and Cartel Behavior under Leniency Programs"
- 2012. Joshua Moore “The Efficiency of the AFL Betting Market”
- 2012, Nimalan Sivakumar “Patent Length and the Pace of Innovation With Heterogeneity”
- 2011. Mayuran Siriratnam “Contract Design in a Principal-Agent Model with Innovation and Project Selection”
- 2008 Patrick Devlin “Product Bundling and Anticompetitive Behaviour in the Software Industry”
- 2007 Anthony Joy “An Analysis of How Guilt Can Mitigate the Free-Rider Problem in Economies”
- 2007, Oliver Speidel “A Framework for Decision-Making Vis-a-Vis Terrorism”
- 2006 Simbarashe Muhrawi “Takeovers, Bidding Rules, and Two-Sided Adverse Selection”
- 2005 Kristy Coulter “Urban Road Pricing: A Theoretical Analysis Applied to Melbourne's Eastlink”
- 2005, David Grossman “Optimal Auction Design: An Application to the Sale of the AFL Broadcast Rights”
- 2005, Ranya Shahwan “Does the Kernel Exist? Votes, Money, and an Experiment”
- 2004, Mark Hui “Brain-Drain Problem: The Effects of Racial Quota Rules on Human Capital Flight in Malaysia”
- 2004, Ross Stevens “Principles and Results: Concepts of Operating Capability and Sustainability”
Awards and prizes
Outstanding Ph.D. Student in Economics; Department of Economics; Arizona State University, 2002.
Excellence in Teaching; School of Accounting, Economics, and Finance; Deakin University, 2012
Excellence in Research, School of Accounting, Economics, and Finance; Deakin University, 2012
Economics of Information
Contract Theory -- Principal-Agent Models
Philosophy and Economics
• "Informed Principal, Moral Hazard, and the Value of a More Informative Technology." with Hector Chade, Arizona State University. Economics Letters 74 (2002) 291-300.
• "Measuring the Contribution of Sport to the Economy," with Philip Hone II, Australian Economic Review 39 (2006), 412-419.
• "The Value of Information in a Principal-Agent Model with Moral Hazard: The Ex Post Contracting Case" Games and Economic Behavior 74 (2012) 352-365.