Dr Simona Scarparo
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Business and Law|
|Department:||BL Deakin Business School|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 924 46515 +61 3 924 46515|
- Member of the British Accounting Association
- Member of the International Association for Health Care Technology and Management
- Member of the European Gender Budgeting Group
- Member of the Women Budget Group
- Financial Reporting Analysis
Awards and prizes
John Perrin Prize for Best Paper 2014 awarded for the paper ‘Cash Limits, Hospital Prescribing and shrinking Medical Jurisdiction’ Financial Accountability and Management, Vol. 30, Number 4, pp. 403- 429, with Jackson W., Patterson A. and Pong C.
2013 Deakin Graduate School of Business, Head of School Award for excellence in teaching (2012 and 2013).
2013 Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s (Academic) Letter of Commendation for excellence in Teaching (2012).
- Public Sector Accounting
- Management Accounting in Hospitals
- Contemporary critical accounting issues
- Focussing on research in gender in the accounting professions
- Accounting in popular culture
- Accounting and education
2010-2011 IATL (Institute for Advanced Teaching and Learning), Warwick University, £7,500, ‘Understanding students’ perspective on feedback’ in collaboration with Dr Louise Gracia (Senior Teaching Fellow, Warwick Business School, University of Warwick).
- S. Scarparo (2015) ‘Developing Individual and Organisational Work-life Balance Strategies to Improve Employee Health and Wellness’, Employee Relations, Vol. 37, (3) with Zhang C., Mirshekary S. and Molineux J.
- S. Scarparo (2014) ‘Cash Limits, Hospital Prescribing and shrinking Medical Jurisdiction’ Financial Accountability and Management, Vol. 30, Number 4, pp. 403- 429, with Jackson W., Patterson A. and Pong C.
- William J Jackson, Audrey S Paterson, Christopher K M Pong and Simona Scarparo 'How Easy Can the Barley Brie': Drinking Culture and Accounting Failure at the end of the 19th Century in Britain', Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, Vol. 25 (4), pp. 602-658.
- S. Scarparo (2012) ‘Experiencing, translating and learning from feedback-mapping the student perspective’’, with Gracia L., IATL final report http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/cross_fac/iatl/funding/fundedprojects/fellowships/scarparo/
- Scarparo, S. (2011) 'Clinical Audit, Guidelines and Standards: A Productive Relation for Managing Clinical Practices', Financial Accountability and Management, Vol. 27 (1), pp. 83-101.
- Scarparo, S. (2008) Chapter 3: The Process of Devolution in the UK, in Mahmoud Ezzamel, Noel Hyndman, Age Johnsen, and Irvine Lapsley (eds) Accounting in Politics. Devolution and Democratic Accountability. London: Rutledge.
- Scarparo, S. (2008) Chapter 4: Accountability in the UK Devolved Parliament and Assemblies in Mahmoud Ezzamel, Noel Hyndman, Age Johnsen and Irvine Lapsley (eds) Accounting in Politics. Devolution and Democratic Accountability. London: Rutledge.
- Simona Scarparo, (2006) 'The Integration of Clinical and Costing Information: a Comparative Analysis between Scotland and Sweden', Financial Accountability and Management, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp.133-155.S.
- Scarparo (2005) ‘Management Accounting, Devolution and Democratic Accountability’. Research Executive Summaries Series, Vol.1, No 7, CIMA. London: Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, with Ezzamel M., Hyndman N., Johnsen Å., Lapsley I. and Pallot J.
- S. Scarparo (2005) ‘Money matters: Devolution and Resource Accounting and Budgeting’. Devolution Briefing No. 23. London: Economic and Social Research Council, with Ezzamel M., Hyndman N., Johnsen Å. and Lapsley I.
- Simona Scarparo (2002) ‘Clinical Governance: An Instrument for Bringing Quality and Efficiency Together?’ International Journal of Healthcare Technology and Management, vol. 4, nos 3/4, pp. 273-87.