Staff profile - Tong Lin
Prof Tong Lin
|Position:||ARC Future Fellow and Personal Chair|
|Faculty or Division:||GTP Research|
|Department:||Institute for Frontier Materials|
|Campus:||na1.114 (GTP), Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 52271245 +61 3 52271245|
- Doctor of Philosophy, Chinese Academy Sciences (China), 1998
2013 - Present: Personal Chair, Deakin University
2012 - Present: ARC Future Fellow
2012 - Present: Associate Director, AFFRIC, Deakin University
2010 - 2012: Associate Professor in Fibrous Materials, Deakin University
2006 - 2009: Senior Research Fellow, Deakin University
2003 - 2005: Research Academic, Deakin University
2002 - 2003: Postdoctoral Scientist, Akron University
2000 - 2002: Postdoctoral Fellow, CSIRO/Wollongong University
1998 - 2000: Postdoctoral Scientist, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Preparation of ultra-fine fibres
- Functionalisation of fibrous materials
- Emerging applications of fibrous materials in both textile and non-textile areas
- New soft matter
Ten Most Significant Publications in Recent Five Years
1. H Zhou, H Wang, H Niu, T Lin, Superphobicity/philicity Janus Fabrics with Switchable, Spontaneous, Directional Transport Ability to Water and Oil Fluids. Scientific Reports, 2013, 3, 2964.
2. H Wang, H Zhou, A Gestos, J Fang, T Lin, Robust, Superamphiphobic Fabric with Multiple Self-Healing Ability against Both Physical and Chemical Damages, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2013, 5, 10221-10226.
3. J Fang, H Niu, H Wang, X Wang, T Lin, Enhanced Mechanical Energy Harvesting using Needleless Electrospun Poly(vinylidene fluoride) Nanofibre Webs, Energy & Environmental Science, 2013, 6(7), 2196 - 2202.
4. H Zhou, H Wang, H Niu, A Gestos, T Lin, Robust, Self-healing Superamphiphobic Fabrics Prepared by Two-step Coating of Fluoro-containing Polymer, Fluoroalkyl Silane and Modified Silica Nanoparticles, Advanced Functional Materials, 2013, 23, 1664–1670.
5. H Zhou, H Wang, H Niu, A Gestos, X Wang, T Lin, Fluoroalkyl Silane Modified Silicone Rubber/Nanoparticle Composite: A Super Durable, Robust Superhydrophobic Fabric Coating, Advanced Materials, 2012, 24(18), 2409-2412.
6. H Wang, Y Xue, L Feng, X Wang, T Lin, Durable, Self-Healing Superhydrophobic and Superoleophobic Surfaces from FD-POSS and Hydrolyzed FAS, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2011, 50, 11433-11436.
7. H Niu, J Zhang, Z Xie, X Wang, T Lin, Preparation, structure and supercapacitance of bonded carbon nanofiber electrode materials, Carbon, 2011, 49, 2380- 2388.
8. Y Tang, C Wong, H Wang, A Sutti, M Kirkland, X Wang, T Lin, Three Dimensional Tissue Scaffolds from Inter-bonded PCL Fibrous Matrices with Controlled Porosity, Tissue Engineering: Part C, 2011, 17(2), 209-218.
9. Y Xue, H Wang, Y Zhao, L Dai, L Feng, X Wang, T Lin, Magnetic Liquid Marbles: A "Precise" Miniature Reactor, Advanced Materials, 2010, 4814-4818.
10. Y Zhao, J Fang, H Wang, X Wang, T Lin, Magnetic liquid marbles: Manipulation of liquid droplets using highly hydrophobic Fe3O4 nanoparticles, Advanced Materials, 2010, 22, 707-710.