A fee may be charged for visitors to the School. This fee is calculated on the duration of the stay and resources required.
The fee entitles the visitor to:
- A Deakin University ID card.
- Access to IT and computer facilities, library, work-station etc.
- Attendance at general seminars and open lectures on offer.
- A certificate of completion.
Full details will be made available during the application process. All other costs including accommodation, travel and living expenses will be met by the visiting academic or student.
International visitors to Australia require a visa. If your application is accepted, you'll be notified of the visa application process.
Visa processing times can take several months, so we encourage you to lodge your application early.
For more information on Australian visa requirements, please see: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Temporary-work-visa.
Scholars interested in visiting the School of Nursing and Midwifery are encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for consideration.
Interested applicants must nominate an academic staff member with whom they would like to work. Visiting academics and PhD students do not need to contact this staff member before submitting an EOI. Our Research Coordinator will liaise with the staff member on your behalf in order to assess their availability and suitability, and will endeavour to find an alternative staff member to host your visit should they be unavailable.
We encourage applicants to apply well in advance of their proposed visit, in order to ensure processing times can be met. Once an EOI has been received, you'll be notified as soon as a decision has been determined. Additional supporting information may be requested during this process to assist with the decision.
Please ensure you include the following information in your submission:
- A one page statement detailing
- why you want to visit Deakin;
- your intended duration of stay;
- the objectives of your visit and the intended output/s;
- the mutual benefit for our School, and
- the name of the academic and/or research team that you wish to work with
- Your CV, including a description of your area of research and methodologies used
- A copy of the front page of your passport
- A letter of support from a staff member at your home institution
- Details of the funding arrangements for the visit
QPS Research Coordinator
School of Nursing and Midwifery
221 Burwood Highway
Burwood VIC 3125