Our goal is to conduct research that provides evidence in determining the most effective treatments to improve patient outcomes. We aim to:
- develop and promote strategies that encourage patient-centred, evidenced-based practice
- provide research training and support for new researchers
- foster interdisciplinary, national and international research collaborations
- build a program of research that's nationally and internationally recognised
- provide advice, leadership and expertise for nursing practice, education and professional organisations.
Current programs of research
We're working on the following programs:
- Patient safety and quality of care
- Symptom management
- Integrated knowledge translation
The centre is led by Professor Tracey Bucknall and supported by research fellows, clinicians, nurse researchers and higher degrees by research students (honours, master's, PhD).