To be nationally and internationally recognised as a leader in collaborative clinical research.
To enhance health outcomes through an evidence-based approach of improving quality and safety in the delivery of clinical care.
The centre provides academic and professional leadership to staff and students. We recognise the importance of combining expertise from both industry and academia to inform the quality and safety of healthcare delivery.
A defining feature of the centre is that it fosters a rich diversity of activities in health services research. Its aim is to enhance the research culture at Epworth, ultimately benefiting staff, academics, students and patients.
- Pursue a program of research that:
- Supports the core clinical activities of Epworth HealthCare
- Is situated within the QPS research cluster of Deakin’s Faculty of Health
- Support QPS activities at Epworth HealthCare through research translation
- Provide leadership and mentorship for the professional development of clinical and academic staff through research training and education
- Establish a public profile for the centre and our activities as a leader in research and an expert resource
The centre is led by Alfred Deakin Professor Mari Botti and supported by research fellows, multidisciplinary clinicians, nurse researchers and higher degree by research students (honours, master's, PhD).
|Clinical Chair||Prof. Mari Botti|
|Associate Professor of Nursing (Epworth HealthCare)||A/Prof. Ana Hutchinson|
|Head of School of Nursing and Midwifery||Prof. Maxine Duke|
|Research Fellow||Dr Beverley Wood|