To be nationally and internationally recognised as a centre of nursing and midwifery research excellence
The Centre has five key objectives:
- Pursue a program of research that supports the core clinical activities of Western Health and is situated within the Quality and Patient Safety (QPS) research cluster of the Faculty of Health, Deakin University. Our three overarching research priorities are
- Safety and risk management in support of best and safe care
- Patient and carer engagement and experiences
- Healthcare workforce and service delivery.
- Support Quality and Patient Safety activities at Western Health through research translation.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for the professional development of clinical and academic staff through research training and education by building staff capabilities from clinical skills through to leadership.
- Establish a public profile of the Centre that promotes its activities and research outcomes and highlights the expertise of its researchers as leaders in their field.
- Build collaborative partnerships with professional organisations, consumer organisations, national and international tertiary institutions and community groups associated with Western Health.