"Your significant and early contribution in promoting my research made me more passionate and motivated about what I was doing." Dr Minoo Naebe
Deakin Research - facts and figures
- In 2010 we co-ordinated more than 250 contracts for research grants and research partnerships;
- Co-ordinated and processed 700 research grants and applications, research partnership projects and tenders;
- Helped 326 new students start a higher degree, 16% more than in 2009;
- Helped 160 students win scholarships;
- Helped 900 students complete their progress reports on line;
- Helped 141 students complete their post graduate degrees.
- Created 8 intellectual property strategies
- Created a company for Deakin.s regional food, water and transport industry partners to address innovation for a sustainable future.
- Helped create an energy hub with South West Victorian energy companies.
- Our workshops helped 200 Early Career Researchers develop their careers.
- The Office for Research Integrity processed for Human Ethics, Animal Welfare and Biosafety, 370 new applications, 256 modifications to existing applications, conducted 15 facility inspections, trained more than 100 staff and students in a combination of one to one sessions, 37 seminars and 30 workshops.
- Wrote/edited and uploaded 250 plus stories to the re-designed Deakin Research Showcase website.
Supporting our Research growth
To drive the growth of research at Deakin University in areas of strategic importance
Deakin Research will achieve its vision through the provision of professional support services, value adding research development, promotional support and advice to the Deakin research community, and ensuring effective administration of regulatory requirements.
Deakin Research - what we do
- responsible for central development of research policy and planning
- provide the central management of research grant and contract activities and provide advice to academic staff on funding opportunities and proposal development
- support academics in developing strategic research partnerships and providing advice on commercial opportunities and intellectual property
- manage research ethics (human and animal), gene technology, animal facilities; and research integrity matters for staff and students
- manage higher degree by research candidature and scholarships
- deliver central programs for early career academics;
- manage the development and maintenance of research information systems and research performance data
- manage post award project invoicing and financial reporting to funding agencies
Download the Deakin Research Charter (22KB)