Past Conferences - 2009
- ARACY 2009 National Conference
A little about the ARACY Conference:
This Conference will focus on how we can best learn from one another and work together to innovate and take action to improve outcomes for young Australians. The Conference aims to build links between international and national experts, researchers, policy makers, practitioners, social entrepreneurs, marketers, business and financiers. It will explore pathways to success, and showcase preventive innovations that are improving the lives of children and young people.
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Honourable Alan Milburn, MP, UK
- Professor Fiona Stanley AC, ARACY Executive Director, ARACY Board Member
- Dr Ken Henry, Secretary to the Treasury
- Professor Mick Dodson AM, Director of the National Centre for Indigenous Studies at the Australian National University, and the 2009 Australian of the Year
A message from Professor Fiona Stanley AC,
ARACY Executive Director, ARACY Board Chair
"The ARACY Conference is tackling the big and complex issues affecting today's children and young people. We need input from all sectors and disciplines with an interest in improving outcomes for our young people to find sustainable solutions. If we don't respond to these challenges and start to really seriously address them across the whole nation, then we will be looking at our generation being the last generation where children live longer than their parents."
Please visit the website to view the full speaker listing, Conference aims and the program: www.aracyconference.org.au