- Project title
- An Evaluation of Community Attitudes to Intellectual Disability and the Quality of Life, Personal Wellbeing and Self Esteem of People with Intellectual Disability: Pre and Post Social integration
- Tom M. J. Burke
- Cliona Flood (supervisor)
- Postal address
- Tinryland, Co. Carlow, Ireland
- Project dates
- Project commencement (from proposal submission) 3rd November 2010
- Project commencement (from data collection) 1st December
- Project completion March 2011
- Nature of the project
The nature of this project is thesis research at honours level for the Applied Psychology degree at the Dun Laoghaire Institute of art, design and technology, Ireland.
- Brief description
The aim of this research project is to evaluate whether or not there is a change in community attitudes to intellectual disability and also whether or not the Quality of Life, Personal Wellbeing and Self Esteem of an individual with intellectual disability changes, after a social integration intervention. The social intervention shall be the choice of the service user, and will be constant each week for a number of weeks. Considering the time constraints of an undergraduate thesis, this research shall be revisited after the submission of the thesis to reevaluate the participants after a longer, more valid length of time, to see whether or not a change in the dependent variables has occurred.