CISR Final Year Student Projects 2015
The Centre for Intelligent Systems Research is continuously looking for enthusiastic final year students interested in the area of intelligent systems.
CISR offers projects in line with current commercial and strategic research objectives, consistently resulting in award-winning projects. Our team is ready to work with you to define a suitable 4th-year research project. CISR staff have many years of experience supervising students, most of our researchers having graduated from the Deakin Engineering bachelor program.
CISR currently has student project opportunities in robotics and motion simulation, image processing, manufacturing, modelling and simulation, scheduling, human performance and haptics. To ensure students get consistently great supervision, CISR strictly limits the number of final year engineering students accepted each year. To avoid disappointment, please ensure you arrange a meeting time as soon as you can.
For all final year project enquiries, please contact Dr Mick Fielding by phone (+61 3 5227 2807) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please 'CC' Dr Kyle Nelson in all correspondence (email@example.com).
In your correspondence, please include:
- the project(s) you are interested in
- your degree and major (e.g. Mechatronics & Robotics, Medical Technology, Sports Technology, etc.)
- any specific technical or administrative skills that you would like to develop (project management, CAD, simulation, scientific testing methods, report writing, etc.)
- details of areas you enjoy and excel at
- feel free to include images or reports from past projects
All projects available T1- T3 unless otherwise stated
- Optimisation of simulated robotic paths
- Manufacturing process improvement
- Buffer allocation in a power and free conveyor system
- A wireless power point with control over wifi network and internet
- Data logger for vehicles through interfacing with vehicles ECU
- PC based HMI design for Omron (CQM family) and Siemens PLCs (S7-300 family)
- Configuration and programming of Power Cube robot
- Monitoring and data collection using LabView
- Simulation of human biomechanics using SimMechanics
- Employ a force controlled industrial robot to solve an industrial assembly task
- Motion cueing algorithm for driving simulator
- Design method for rapidly characterising and modelling terrain
- Wirelessly link small UAV to CISR's Universal Motion Simulator
- Develop hand/feet tracking capability on CISR's Universal Motion Simulator
- Develop paged terrain system for vehicle simulation
- Develop eye tracking capability on CISR's Universal Motion Simulator
- Develop a dynamic model of CISR's OzTouch robot and an operator training system
- Develop simulation software interfaces for CISR's Universal Motion Simulator
- Development of vehicle suspension models for realistic motion simulation
- Design and development of haptic devices for CISR's Universal Motion Simulator
- Instrumentation and configuration of a helicopter simulator
- Image processing for autonomous detection and classification of marine life
- Development of software package to configure haptic devices of various kinematic structure, including serial and parallel
- Development of components to build a modular haptic device for teaching and research
- Integration of a low-cost 3-axis force sensor to existing anthropomorphic robot to demonstrate force control
The following project topics are offered to students in conjunction with CISR's industry partner Simplex.
Simplex is an Australian company specialised in Designing and Producing Motion Controllers and Special-Purpose Electric Motors. The company produces large CNC machines, large Automation Systems, Robotic Arms & Magnetically Levitated Systems. Most of the work and the testing in these projects will be done at an Industrial company. Students with good performance will be considered for future employment.
Please click on the icon beside each project title to see a short description of the reseach project.
Magnetically Levitated System
Intelligent Glass/Stone CNC Machine
Multi-Touch screen for CNC & Robotic Controller
High Speed Spindle with Magnetic Bearing