Alfred Deakin Professors
Deakin University has announced six new Alfred Deakin Professors.
- Professor Michael Berk, Faculty of Health
- Professor John Endler, Faculty of Science and Technology
- Professor Maria Forsyth, Institute for Frontier Materials
- Professor Fethi Mansouri, Faculty of Arts and Education
- Professor Michael Polonsky, Faculty of Business and Law
- Professor Svetha Venkatesh, Faculty of Science and Technology.
The title of Alfred Deakin Professor is the most prestigious that the University can bestow on its staff. The decision by the University's Council to confer the title of Alfred Deakin Professor on six members at one time is testament to the academic excellence Deakin is managing to nurture and attract.
Previous winners of the title Alfred Deakin Professor are:
Professor Greg Collier
Professor Joan Beaumont
Professor Peter Hodgson
Professor Julian Mercer
Professor William Logan
Professor Xungai Wang
Professor Saeid Nahavandi
Professor David Crawford
Professor Boyd Swinburn
Professor Marita McCabe
Professor Jillian Blackmore
Professor Mari Botti
Professor Paresh Narayan
Professor David Walker