Seeking inclusion for all
Inaugural Chair of Disability and Inclusion calls for greater inclusion of people with disabilities.
Bruce Bonyhady talks NDIS
A snapshot of the National Disability Insurance Agency from the recent planning day.
TOBY Playpad engaged
More recognition for PRaDA's life-changing innovation.
Prof Susan Balandin
Our Research and Development
Researchers from across Deakin University's faculties and research institutes are engaged in innovative projects aimed at improving the lives of people with disability and their families in a multitude of ways.
Some examples of the research directions being pursued include:
- Supporting the capacity of the disability sector to undertake research and use the evidence base to influence practice and policy;
- Inclusive practice and human rights for people with disability;
- Improving the health and wellbeing of people with disability;
- Preventing modifiable causes of disability;
- Advocacy for the sexual rights of people with disability;
- The use of assistive technologies in disability management and rehabilitation;
- Sexuality, adjustment and financial stress among people with disability;
- Expanding options for people to access support that enables their full participation across all domains of life.
The breadth of experience and commitment to the field of disability research and development at Deakin University has much to offer people with disability, their families and the organisations that support them.
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B