Graphene coatings make steel corrosion-resistant
IFM researchers have grown graphene flakes directly onto stainless steel, improving the metal's resistance to corrosion.
New research to realise the sensor 'pipe dream'
A novel sensor is set to help extend the operational life of energy pipelines by decades.
Ion man receives Alfred Deakin Medal
Materials engineering researcher Anthony Somers has been awarded an Alfred Deakin Medal.
Arresting the corrosion factor
Deakin's new Corrosion Research Centre offers unique research access to Australia's critical infrastructure sectors.
Seeing a future in the pipeline
New National Facility for Pipelines Coating Assessment launched at Waurn Ponds.
- About us
- Our research
- Pipelines, Sensors and Monitoring
- Rare Earth and Ionic Liquid Inhibitors
- Functionalised coatings
- Biocorrosion and Degradation
- Our facilities
- Our people and publications
- Institute for Frontier Materials
Dr Timothy Khoo
Strategy and Industry Engagement
+61 (3) 924 46795
Energy Pipeline CRC Coatings
The Deakin Corrosion Research Centre has expertise in:
- Engineering research solutions to corrosion.
- Materials testing in simulated environmental conditions.
- Corrosion inhibitors and protective coatings.
- Corrosion monitoring and prediction.
- Applied electrochemistry and cathodic protection.
- Metallurgy (including fatigue and fracture analysis).
- Materials engineering, composites, structural polymers and coatings.
- Stress corrosion cracking and new alloys development.
We are currently focusing our expertise on projects in the following areas:
- Corrosion, infrastructure reliability and durability.
- Materials selection for corrosion control (e.g. protective coatings for underground pipeline and metals or alloys for desalination plants).
- Pipeline corrosion and prevention Energy Pipeline CRC.
- Carbon dioxide corrosion and inhibition (e.g. corrosion inhibitors in oil and gas production environments).
- Biocorrosion and microbiologically induced corrosion (MIC).
- Light metals and reactive metals coatings and inhibitors.
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B