Science Academy honour for Maria Forsyth
Australian Laureate Fellow Prof Maria Forsyth has been elected to the Australian Academy of Science.
MRI provides key to unlock plastic crystal potential
Researchers at IFM have uncovered the reasons behind the variable conductivity of organic ionic plastic crystals.
Ion man receives Alfred Deakin Medal
Materials engineering researcher Anthony Somers has been awarded an Alfred Deakin Medal.
Electrolyte scientists dare to dream
The world's leading electrolyte scientists have converged in Geelong for ISPE-14.
Softening the impact
Cracking the cartilage riddle, Deakin scientists synthetically mimic the body's most complex lubrication system.
Dr Timothy Khoo
Strategy and Industry Engagement
+61 (3) 924 46795
Dynamic Mechanical Analyser (DMA)Our TA Q800 Dynamic Mechanical Analyser can determine the mechanical properties for a wide range of materials. In particular viscoelastic polymers and composites. Normally tests are performed in tension but the Q800 has several other fixtures to perform tests such as '3 point bend' and flexure testings.
- Maximum force: 18 N
- Minimum force: 0.0001 N
- Force resolution: 0.00001 N
- Strain resolution: 1 Nanometer
- Modulus range: 103 to 3x1012 Pa
- Modulus precision: ± 1%
- Tan δ sensitivity: 0.0001
- Tan δ resolution: 0.00001
- Frequency range: 0.01 to 200 Hz
- Deformation range: ± 0.5 to 10,000 µm
- Temperature range: -150 to 600°C
- Heating rate: 0.1 to 20°C/min
- Cooling rate: 0.1 to 10°C/min
- Isothermal stability: ± 0.1°C
- Website: www.tainstruments.com (opens in new window)
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B