High strain-rate compression test machine
The High Strain-rate Compression Machine manufactured by Servotest (and also known as a "Thermo-mechanical Treatment Simulator") is used to simulate and analyse the high strain rate compression conditions found in metal working operations.
It consists of the following sections/abilities:
- Induction furnace. Fully programmable, eg. ramp up/hold/ramp down.
- Compression frame/servo-hydraulic actuator/loadcell. Fully programmable, eg. true stress & strain.
- Fast Thermal Transfer Unit. Fully programmable rates for air/water/mist cooling or quench.
- Robotic Transfer Device. For transfer between above sections.
- High speed data acquisition and analysis package.
- Max. force 500kN (compression only)
- Max. Velocities 3.0m/s@ 0kN; 1.6m/s@400kN
- Max Temperature 1200Deg C
- Min. Delay Time (between deformation and quench) 1.0 s
- Plane Strain Specimen Typical Dimensions length 70mm x width 30-50mm x thickness 10mm
- Uniaxial Specimen Typical Dimensions length 15-24mm x diameter 10-16mm