Metal powders lab
For the refinement and consolidation of metal powders & metal foams. With projects studying the mechanical properties of metal foams for human bone implants.
- Ball Mills
- Retsch Planetary Ball Mill PM400 - (opens in new window)
- XQM Planetary Ball Mill Used to grind large metal powders into small metal powders
- Vacuum Furnace For the consolidation to compressed metal powder samples
- Extech Glove Box Metal powders are sometimes flammable in air, or sensitive to Nitrogen, we use the glove box to handle the powders in an inert atmosphere
- Netzch Differential Scanning Calorimeter The STA 409 PC Luxx® - (opens in new window) can perform simultaneous thermo-gravimetric and calorimetric analyses from room temperature to 1650°C.
- 50 tonne Hydraulic Press For consolidating metal powder samples in dies, at room temperature and under high pressures