Metal surfaces facility
- Surface treatment/Heat treatment - fluidised bed furnaces (novel diffusion treatments, conventional surface treatments).
- Wire drawing rig - measures friction during metal wire drawing, comparison of lubricant performance.
- Crossed cylinders wear rig - wear of surfaces, performance of lubricants, comparisons of tool coatings.
- Bend Under Tension Test - simulates sheet bending in sheet metal forming, measurements of friction, comparison of lubricants.
- Glow Discharge Optical Emission Spectroscopy (GDOES) - measures elemental profiles through surfaces, quantitative analysis of coatings and surfaces.
- Nanoindentor - measures nanohardness of surfaces, can accurately place indentor to measure (for example) individual grains.
- Atomic Force Microscopy - measures surface topography.
Page custodian: Deakin Research Last updated: