National Facility for Pipeline Coating Assessment
We are an independent laboratory set up by the Energy Pipeline Cooperative Research Centre to perform oil and gas pipeline coating testing.
Our mission is to provide the Australian energy pipeline industry with an independent pipeline coating testing facility that has the capability and capacity required to fulfil the local needs.
- We can conduct testing to support pipeline coating selection and development.
- We are a commercial, independent coating test facility available for coating manufacturers, suppliers, applicators and end users of the pipeline industry in Australia.
- We support research into pipeline coatings and corrosion inhibitors.
- We can carry out standard tests such as ASTM, NACE, ISO, AS/NZS and other specific tests.
If you are interested in using our testing facility or collaborating with us please contact:
+61 3 5227 1426
We can provide a large range of external pipeline coating tests and other customised tests as needed. If the test you need is not listed below, please contact us.
NATA accredited tests
- Cathodic Disbondment Resistance (CDR) AS4352
- Flexibility for hydrostatic testing and field bending AS 3862
- Indentation resistance AS 4822
- Impact resistance AS 4822
- Hot water soak adhesion AS 4822, AS 3894.9
- Peel strength adhesion AS 4822
- Hardness (Shore D) AS 4822
- A large range of standard tests according to ASTM, NACE, ISO, AS/NZS, NORSOK and other customised tests
- UV light and weathering resistance
- Water resistance/permeation
- Thermal ageing resistance
- Salt spray
Cyclic Corrosion Test (CCT) chamber - salt spray chamber
UV light chamber
Controllable extrusion rig
Buchholz hardness tester
Soil resistivity meter