Custom laboratory roll former
Specifically designed to investigate the effect of process and material parameters on part quality and final shape in the roll forming of AHSS and UHSS. Major focus is on the development of techniques for process monitoring and in-line process control of industrial roll forming processes.
- Station distance variable.
- All bottom shafts driven independently.
- Measurement of roll force and torque possible in each forming station.
- Controlled variation of rolling speed possible in between stations.
- Special roll stand designs for shape compensation.
- Available for downhill forming without changing the normal tooling.
- Touch screen and electrical power display.
Industrial roll former
Donated by Backwell IXL Pty Ltd (Australia) in 2011 and since then fitted with an extensive set of tooling for the roll forming of simple profile shapes. Used to investigate the behaviour and forming limits of new high performance sheet materials in roll forming and to produce longitudinal parts for crash analysis.
- Station distance fixed and all shafts driven.
- Tooling allows the variation of the forming method (constant length vs. constant radius forming) and the forming of various profile radii and shapes.
Mini Roll Former
Specially designed for the high precision forming of longitudinal sections and the heat assisted roll forming of hard to form metals. Currently used for the heat assisted roll forming of magnesium sheet to structural sections.
- Station distance is variable and all shafts are driven (speed is variable).
- Special Tooling allows the variation of the forming method (constant length vs. constant radius forming) and the forming of various profile radii and shapes.
- Induction heating unit allows roll forming under heat assistance.
- The equipment is portable.