Mechanical Testing Facility
Mechanical testing facility is based at Geelong Technology precinct (GTP). Our facility provides broad support service to all research groups with in IFM and its collaborators. Our research laboratory is supported with technical expertise from IFM, and derives funding from Deakin University and the Australian Research Council.
Our key capabilities include:
- Design and development of mechanical testing systems
- Tension and compression tests at elevated temperatures
- High temperature extrusion of magnesium and aluminium alloys
- High strain-rate compression tests at elevated temperatures
- Manufacturing test specific rigs, platens, adaptors and fixtures
- Transforming equipment to suit special testing needs
- Fatigue, bend, shear and Bauschinger tests.
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B