Modelling gives insights for better molecule design
Researchers are using a combination of molecular simulation and experimental techniques as a way towards rational design of metallic nanoparticles.
High tech nanofibre deal for Deakin
A joint venture will provide a world-first short nanofibre manufacturing capability in Geelong.
IFM researchers are helping to make hydrogen extraction from water more feasible.
World's eye on unique water purification process.
Ground-breaker reaps another prize
The Smart Geelong Researcher of the Year Awards for 2013 recognise Weiwei Lei.
Professor Ying (Ian) Chen
+61 3 522 73243
Energy storageNanotechnology and nanomaterials are seen as key ingredients to improve the performance of energy storage technologies. We have 20 years of research experience in nanomaterials synthesis and applications and apply this expertise to develop new electrode materials for batteries and supercapacitors.
Our research groups have wide expertise in:
- Li-ion batteries for electrical vehicles.
- Nanostructured electrodes (anodes and cathodes) for Li-ion batteries.
- Supercapacitors with high power density for energy storage and back-up.
- Na-ion batteries as the cost-effective energy storage device for stationary storage of energy generated from renewable sources (solar and wind) as well as power grids.
- Full range of electrochemical characterisation systems.
- In-situ X-ray diffraction analysis and transmission electron microscopy of electrode materials.
- Weiwei Lei,Si Qin, Dan Liu, David Portehault, Zongwen Liu and Ying Chen. Large scale boron carbon nitride nanosheets with enhanced lithium storage capabilities, Chem. Comm., 49 (2013) 352-354.
- Olga Kartachova, Alexey M. Glushenkov, Yanhui Chen, Hongzhou Zhang and Ying Chen. Bimetallic molybdenum tungsten oxynitride: structure and electrochemical properties, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 1, (2013) 7889-7895.
- Md Mokhlesur Rahman, Alexey M. Glushenkov, Thrinathreddy Ramireddy, Tao Tao and Ying Chen. Enhanced lithium storage in Fe2O3-SnO2-C nanocomposite anode with a breathable structure, Nanoscale, 5(11) (2013) 4910-16.
- Tao Tao, Alexey M. Glushenkov, Md Mokhlesur Rahman, and Ying Chen, “Electrochemical reactivity of ilmenite FeTiO3, its nanostructures and oxide-carbon nanocomposites with lithium”, Electrochimica Acta 108 (2013) 127-134.
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B