IFM staff list
Prof Xungai Wang
Alfred Deakin Professor
+61 3 522 72894
Professor Wang's research interests are primarily in fibre science and technology. He is the 2005 recipient of Fiber Society Distinguished Achievement Award. Professor Wang is a Fellow of the Textile Institute, and also a Professional Fellow of the Institute of Nanotechnology. More recently Professor Wang has been investigating new applications for fibres and textiles, and new ways of adding value to natural fibres and of functionalising textiles.
- PhD (1992), The University of New South Wales, Australia
- Graduate Diploma of Higher Education (1996), The University of New South Wales, Australia
- Bachelor of Engineering (1986), Xian Polytechnic University, China
Relevant employment history:
- 2008 - present: Director, Centre for Material and Fibre Innovation, ITRI, Deakin University
- 2006 - present: Alfred Deakin Professor, Deakin University
- 2004 - present: Personal Chair, School of Engineering and Technology, Deakin University
- 1998 - 2004: Associate Professor, School of Engineering and Technology, Deakin University
- 1997 - 1998: Senior Lecturer, School of Materials Science and Engineering, University of NSW
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Lin T, Wang H and Wang X, "Self-crimp Bicomponent Nanofibres Electrospun from Polyacrylonitrile and Elastomeric Polyurethane," Advanced Materials (IF = 8.19), 17, 2699-2703 (2005).
- Wang X, Wang L, and Liu X, "The Quality and Processing Performance of Alpaca Fibres," RIRDC Publication No 03/128, ISBN 0642 58694 2, ISSN 1440-6845 (2003).
- Wang HX, Fang J, Cheng T, Ding J, Qu LT, Dai LM, Wang XG and Lin T, "One-step coating of fluoro-containing silica nanoparticles for universal generation of surface superhydrophobicity," Chem. Commun. (IF = 5.14), 2008, 877-879.
- Tang ZX, Wang X, Fraser WB and Wang L, "The Effect of Yarn Hairiness on Air Drag in Ring Spinning," Textile Research Journal (IF = 0.7), 76(7), 559566 (2006).
- Lin T, Wang HX, Wang HM and Wang X, "The charge effect of cationic surfactants on the elimination of fibre beads in the electrospinning of polystyrene," Nanotechnology (IF = 3.31), 15, 1375-1381 (2004).
- Zhang YP, Wang X, Pan N, Postle R., Weibull "Analysis of the Tensile Behavior of Fibers with Geometrical Irregularities," J. Materials Sci. (IF = 1.08), 37(7), 1401-1406 (2002).
- Wang X, "Predicting the Strength Variation of Wool from Its Diameter Variation," Textile Research Journal (IF = 0.7), 70 (3): 191-194 (2000).
- Tang ZX, Fraser WB and Wang X, "Modelling yarn balloon motion in ring spinning," Applied Mathematical Modelling (IF = 0.57), 31, 1397-1410 (2007).
- Wang X, Miao M and How Y, "Studies of JetRing spinning - Part 1: Reducing yarn hairiness with the JetRing," Textile Research Journal (IF = 0.7), 67(4), 253-258 (1997).
- Rajkhowa R, Wang LJ, and Wang X, "Ultra-fine silk powder preparation through rotary and ball milling," Powder Technology (IF = 1.13), (accepted for publication in Jan. 2008).
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Prof Xungai Wang
Select another contact