IFM staff list
Prof Qipeng Guo
+61 3 522 72802
+61 3 522 71103
Professor Guo holds a personal chair in polymer science and technology at Deakin University where he leads the Polymers Research Group. He is a Fellow of The Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC), UK. Professor Guo has extensive expertise in polymeric materials. His research interests include polymer blends, block copolymers, thermoplastics, thermosets, rubbers, polymer composites/nanocomposites, self-healing polymers/composites, functional coatings, nanoporous polymers, biodegradable polymers, natural polymers, recycling of rubbers and plastics, sustainable materials from natural resources, and use of ionic liquids and supercritical carbon dioxide for polymer processing. Professor Guo is also engaged in commercial research, including development of novel polymeric materials to meet various requirements for different applications, construction of processing equipment and scaling-up. He is currently establishing a pilot plant for rubber tyre recycling with an industry partner.
- Fellow of The Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC), UK, 2008
- DSc, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium, 2000
- DEng, Kyushu University, Japan, 1999
- MSc, University of Science and Technology of China, 1987
- BSc, University of Science and Technology of China, 1984
Relevant employment history:
- 2009-present: Personal Chair, Institute for Technology Research and Innovation, Deakin University
- 2006-2008: Associate Professor, Centre for Material and Fibre Innovation, Deakin University
- 2005-2006: Associate Professor, Faculty of Life and Social Sciences, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2002-2005: Queen Elizabeth II Fellow, School of Chemical Engineering, The University of Queensland
- 2001-2002: Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of Minnesota, USA
- 1999-2001: Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellow, Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, University of Freiburg, Germany
- 1999-1999: Visiting Professor, Research Institute for Applied Mechanics, Kyushu University, Japan
- 1998-1999: Senior Researcher, Department of Chemistry, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- 1993-1998: Professor, Polymer Science and Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China
- 1987-1993: Junior Researcher, Assistant Professor and Professor, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Hameed, N., Salim, N. V. and Guo, Q., "Microphase separation through competitive hydrogen bonding in self-assembled A-b-B/C diblock copolymer/homopolymer complexes," Journal of Chemical Physics 2009, 131, 214905.
- Salim, N. V., Hameed, N. and Guo, Q. "Competitive hydrogen bonding and self-assembly in poly(2-vinyl pyridine)-block-poly(methyl methacrylate)/poly(hydroxyether of bisphenol A) blends," Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics 2009, 47, 1894-1905 & the front cover of the issue.
- Hameed, N. and Guo, Q., "Natural wool/cellulose acetate blends regenerated from the ionic liquid 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium chloride," Carbohydrate Polymers 2009, 78, 999-1004.
- Zhang, J., Guo, Q. and Fox, B. L., "Study on thermoplastic modified multifunctional epoxies: Influence of heating rate on cure behaviour and phase separation", Composites Science and Technology 2009, 69, 1172-1179.
- Hameed, N., Liu, J. and Guo, Q., "Self-assembled complexes of poly(4-vinylphenol) and poly(ε-caprolactone)-block-poly(2-vinylpyridine) via competitive hydrogen bonding," Macromolecules 2008, 41, 7596-7605.
- Hameed, N. and Guo, Q., "Nanostructure and hydrogen bonding in interpolyelectrolyte complexes of poly(ε-caprolactone)-block-poly(2-vinyl pyridine) and poly(acrylic acid)," Polymer 2008, 49, 5268-5275.
- Guo, Q., Liu, J., Chen, L. and Wang, K., "Nanostructures and nanoporosity in thermoset epoxy blends with an amphiphilic polyisoprene-block-poly(4-vinyl pyridine) reactive diblock copolymer," Polymer 2008, 49, 1737-1742.
- Hameed, N. and Guo, Q., "Selective hydrogen bonding and hierarchical nanostructures in poly(hydroxyether of bisphenol A)/poly(ε-caprolactone)-block-Poly(2-vinyl pyridine) blends," Polymer 2008, 49, 922-933.
- Guo, Q., Thomann, R. and Gronski, W., "Synthesis and fractionated crystallization of organic-inorganic hybrid composite materials from an amphiphilic polyethylene-block-poly(ethylene oxide) diblock copolymer," Polymer 2007, 48, 3925-3929.
- Guo, Q., Arends, P., Thomann, R., Spontak, R. J. and Gronski, W., "Morphological development and rheological changes of phenoxy/SAN blends during in-situ polymerization," Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics 2007, 45, 2614-2619.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Prof Qipeng Guo
Select another contact