IFM staff list
Dr Pavel Cizek
Senior Research Fellow
+61 3 522 73242
+61 3 5227 1103
Dr Cizek's research has largely been focused on physical metallurgy of metallic materials, including plastic deformation, static and dynamic recrystallization, liquid-solid and solid-solid phase transformations and precipitation. He has been investigating various steel grades, aluminium, magnesium and titanium alloys, nickel-based nanocrystalline materials, composite materials, metallic glasses and shape memory alloys. Dr Cizek has also a keen interest in implementation of modern electron microscopy and microanalysis experimental methods for the study of metallic materials.
- PhD, Physical Metallurgy (Technical University Ostrava, Czechoslovakia ?1984)
- MSc, Materials Science and Engineering (Technical University Ostrava, Czechoslovakia ?1980)
Relevant employment history:
- 2006 - present: Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University
- 2002 - 2006: Research Fellow, The University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- 1999 - 2002: Research Fellow, The University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- 1993 - 1999: Research Fellow, Monash University
- 1989 - 1993: Lecturer, Czech Technical University, Czechoslovakia
- 1984 - 1989: Principal Research Scientist, Research Institute of Steels and Alloys, Czechoslovakia
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- A.S. Taylor, P. Cizek and P.D. Hodgson, "Orientation Dependence of the Substructure Characteristics in a Ni?30Fe Austenitic Model Alloy Deformed in Hot Plane Strain Compression", Acta Materialia, 60 (2012) 1548-1569.
- P. Cizek, M.R. Barnett, M.D. Nave, E.F. Rauch and R. Balasubramaniam, "Microscale and Mesoscale Crystallographic Textures of Nanocrystalline Ni-Based Electrodeposits", Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, 42A (2011) 2048-2060.
- H. Beladi, P. Cizek and P.D. Hodgson, "New Insight into the Mechanism of Metadynamic Softening in Austenite", Acta Materialia, 59 (2011) 1482-1492.
- S. Malekjani, P.D. Hodgson, P. Cizek and T.B. Hilditch, "Cyclic Deformation Response of Ultrafine Pure Aluminium", Acta Materialia, 59 (2011) 5358-5367.
- A.S. Taylor, P. Cizek and P.D. Hodgson, "Comparison of 304 Stainless Steel and Ni?30 wt.% Fe as Potential Model Alloys to Study the Behaviour of Austenite during Thermomechanical Processing", Acta Materialia, 59 (2011) 5832-5844.
- P. Cizek, "Dislocation Boundaries and Disclinations Formed within the Cube-Oriented Grains during Tensile Deformation of Aluminium", Acta Materialia, 58 (2010) 5820-5833.
- H. Beladi, P. Cizek and P.D. Hodgson, "On the Characteristics of Substructure Development through Dynamic Recrystallization", Acta Materialia, 58 (2010) 3531-3541.
- D.K. Yang, P. Cizek, P.D. Hodgson and C.E. Wen, "Microstructure Evolution and Nanograin Formation during Shear Localization in Cold-Rolled Titanium", Acta Materialia, 58 (2010) 4536-4548.
- H. Beladi, P. Cizek and P.D. Hodgson, "Dynamic Recrystallization of Austenite in Ni-30%Fe Model Alloy: Microstructure and Texture Evolution", Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, 40A (2009) 1175-1189.
- P. Cizek and M.R. Barnett, "Characteristics of the Contraction Twins Formed Close to the Fracture Surface in Mg-3Al-1Zn Alloy Deformed in Tension", Scripta Materialia, 59 (2008) 959-962.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Pavel Cizek
Select another contact