IFM staff list
Dr Daniel Fabijanic
+61 3 522 72413
Dr Fabijanic's research has been focused on the development novel duplex surface treatments for ferrous metals. Significant emphasis has been on the commercialisation of a patented low temperature duplex surface treatment for aluminium metal forming tooling. Other current research is centered on fluid bed reactor chemical vapour deposition processes (FBR-CVD) for the treatment of metal surfaces. Future research aims to expand the fluidized bed technology platform to include the surface engineering of light metals, coating of powders and fibres, and recycling of materials.
- PhD, Surface Engineering (Deakin University 2000-2004)
- BE (hons.), Materials Engineering, (University of Wollongong 1994-1999)
Relevant employment history:
- 2005- present: Research Academic, Institute of Technology Research and Innovation, Deakin University
- 2000 - 2004: PhD Candidate, STAMP program, Deakin University
- 1994 - 1999: Materials Engineering Cadet, BHP Steel
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- D.M. Fabijanic, G.L. Kelly, J. Long, P.D. Hodgson, "A nitrocarburising and low-temperature chromising duplex surface treatment", Material Forum, 29, 77-82, 2005
- T. Hilditch, S. Toman and D. Fabijanic, "Post-form heat treatment of dual phase steel components for automotive applications using a fluid bed furnace", Material Forum, 31, 24-30, 2007
- D.M. Fabijanic, G.L. Kelly, P.D. Hodgson, "A new low temperature duplex surface treatment", Industrial Heating, October 2005, 29-32.
- W.M. Gao, L.X. Kong, D.M. Fabijanic and P.D. Hodgson, "Computational Investigation into the Roles of Inert Solid Particles in a Gas-Solid Fluidization System", The Fifth International Conference
- on Engineering Computational Technology, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, 12-15 September 2006
- Gao, W., Kong, L., Fabijanic, D. and Hodgson, P., "Computational Simulation of the Influence of Moving Solid Particles on Species Diffusion and Chemical Reactions", Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Engineering Computational Technology, 1-14, Scotland, 2006
- Fabijanic, D., Kelly, G., Cardew-Hall, M.* and Hodgson, P. Galling reduction through die surface treatment - Testing three treatments for sheet metal stamping, Stamping Journal, 14(2), 30-31, (2003)
- Fabijanic, D. and Hodgson, P., "A New Duplex Surface Modifcation Process Using Fluid Bed CVD", Proceedings 16th International Federation for Heat treatment and Surface Engineering (IFHTSE) Congress Thermal Processing and Surface Engineering: Key Activities in the Global Knowledge Economy, 115, Materials Australia, Australia, 2007.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Daniel Fabijanic
Select another contact