IFM staff list
Dr Weimin Gao
Research Fellow (Nanofibres)
+61 3 522 72334
+61 3 522 71103
High efficient energy conversion technology and fuel cell.
Renewable energy and sustainable energy materials and technologies.
Microfluidic technologies for energy/chemical application and molecule diagnosis.
High efficient heat and mass transfer technologies and devices and chemical reactors.
Fluidization and multiphase flow technology.
Advanced multiscale computational modelling techniques from macro to micro and nano, including Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), multiphysics, thermodynamics, Molecular Dynamics (MD), and Finite Element Methods (FEM) for materials, metallurgy and manufacture processes.
- Direct carbon-electricity conversion technology- development of process and materials
- Formation and characterisation of continuous electrospun nanofibre yarns
- Design of membranes for efficient seawater desalination by using molecular dynamics simulation
- Molecular dynamics modelling the cellulose degradation
- Simulation and diagnosis of saltwater exchangers for corrosion/erosion reduction and heat transfer improvement
- PhD (Deakin University, Australia -2005)
- MSc (University of Science and Technology, Beijing, China -1990)
- BSc (University of Iron and Steel, Beijing, China -1987)
Relevant employment history:
- 2004 - Present: Research Academic, Deakin University
- 1995 - 2000: Associate Professor, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
- 1990 - 1995: Lecturer, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- W. M. Gao, W.Q Li, J. Zhou and P. D Hodgson, Thermodynamics approach to the hydrogen diffusion and phase transformation in titanium particles, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 509, pp2523?2529, 2011.
- W. M. Gao, L. X. Kong, F.H. She and P. D. Hodgson, Particle dynamics and heat transfer at workpiece surface in heat treatment fluidised beds, Advanced Materials Research, Vols. 264-265, 1456-1461, 2011.
- W.M. Gao, L.X. Kong and P.D. Hodgson, Integral Approach and Numerical Improvement to Calculate Carbon Concentration Profiles in Carburising, Advanced Materials Research, Vols. 264-265, 1494-1499, 2011.
- W.M. Gao, L.X. Kong, L.M. Long and P.D. Hodgson, Measurement of Mass Transfer Coefficient at Workpiece Surfaces in Teat Treatment Furnaces, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 209, pp497-505, 2009.
- W. M. Gao, L. X. Kong and P. D. Hodgson, Computational Simulation of Gas Flow and Heat Transfer Near an Immersed Object in Fluidized Beds, Advances in Engineering Software, Vol 38, pp. 826-834, Elsevier SCI, England, 2007.
- W. M. Gao, L. X. Kong and P. D. Hodgson, Alternating Heat Transfer Between Objects of Large Geometrical Difference, Advances in Engineering Software, Vol 38, pp. 818-825, Elsevier SCI, England, 2007.
- W. M. Gao, L. X. Kong and P. D. Hodgson, Finite Element Simulation of Deformation Processes of Micro-components, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol 21, pp. 1456-1463, Springer, Germany, 2007.
- L. Wang, S. Zhang, W. M. Gao and X. Wang, FEM Analysis of Knife Penetration through Woven Fabrics, Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, Vol 20, No 1, pp. 11-20, Tech Science Press, United States, 2007.
- W.M. Gao, L.X. Kong and P.D. Hodgson, Local total and radiative heat-transfer coefficients during the heat treatment of a workpiece in a fluidised bed, Applied Thermal Engineering, 26(14-15), pp.1463-1470, 2006.
- W. M. Gao, P.D. Hodgson and L.X Kong, Numerical Analysis of Heat Transfer and the Optimization of Regenerators, Numerical Heat Transfer, Part A, 49: 1?16, 2006.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Weimin Gao
Select another contact