IFM staff list
Dr Yuncang Li
Research Academic in Metallic Biomaterials
+61 3 522 72168
+61 3 52271103
Dr Li's research interests include the development of biomaterials, amorphous and nano-structured materials, and renewable energy applications. He is currently working on titanium based alloys and its shape memory alloys, biodegradable magnesium alloys, nano-particulate-reinforced titanium/ magnesium composites and surface functionalisation on metallic implant materials.
- Ph.D., Mechanical/Energy Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology, Deakin University, Australia (2004)
- M.Eng, Thermal Energy Engineering, Department of Physics, Peking Normal College, P.R.China (1988)
- B.Sc., Physics, Department of Technical Physics, Peking University, P.R. China (1982)
Relevant employment history:
- 2005 - Present: Research Academic, Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University, Australia
- 1998 - 2000: A/Prof., Solar Energy Institute and Yunnan Provincial Key Laboratory of Rural Energy Engineering, Yunnan Normal University, China
- 1991 - 1997: Lecturer, Solar Energy Institute, Yunnan Normal University, China
- 1982 - 1991: Assistant Prof., Solar Energy Institute, Yunnan Normal University, China
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Y.C. Li, C.E. Wen, D. Mushaharyc, R. Sravanthic, N. Harishankard, G. Pande and P.D. Hodgson (2012), Mg-Zr-Sr alloys for biodegradable implant materials, Acta Biomater., DOI:10.1016/j.actbio.2012.04.028.
- M. Wen, C.E. Wen, P.D. Hodgson and Y.C. Li (2012), Thermal oxidation behaviour of bulk titanium with nanocrystalline surface layer, Corr. Sci., 59, 352?359.
- Y.C. Li, C. Han, X.K. Zhu, C.E. Wen and P.D. Hodgson (2012), Osteoblast cell response to nanoscale SiO2/ZrO2 particulate-reinforced titanium composites and scaffolds by powder metallurgy, J. Mater. Sci., 47(10), 4410-4414.
- J.Y. Xiong, X.J. Wang, Y.C. Li and P.D. Hodgson (2011), Interfacial chemistry and adhesion between titanium dioxide nanotube layers and titanium substrates, J. Phys. Chem. C, 115 (11), 4768?4772.
- Y.C. Li, P.D. Hodgson and C. Wen (2011), The effects of calcium and yttrium additions on the microstructure, mechanical properties and biocompatibility of biodegradable magnesium alloys, J. Mater. Sci., 46, 365?371.
- Y.C. Li, C.S. Wong, J.Y. Xiong, P.D. Hodgson and C.E. Wen (2010), Cytotoxicity of titanium and titanium alloying elements, J. Dent. Res. 89(50), 493-497.
- Y.C. Li, J.Y. Xiong, P.D. Hodgson and C.E. Wen (2010), Effects of structural property and surface modification of Ti6Ta4Sn scaffolds on the response of SaOS2 cells for bone tissue engineering, J. Alloys. Compd. 494(1-2), 323-329.
- Y.C. Li, J.Y. Xiong, C.S. Wong, P.D. Hodgson, C.E Wen (2009), Ti6Ta4Sn alloy and subsequent scaffolding for bone tissue engineering, Tissue Eng.: Part A, 15(10), 3152-3159.
- X. J. Wang, Y.C. Li, J. Lin, P. Hodgson and C.E. Wen (2008), Effect of heat-treatment atmosphere on the bond strength of apatite layer on Ti substrate, Dent. Mater., 24(11), 1549-1555.
- X.J. Wang, Y.C. Li, J.G. Lin, P.D. Hodgson and C.E. Wen (2008), Apatite-inducing ability of titanium oxide layer on titanium surface: The effect of surface energy, J. Mater. Res., 23(6), 1682-1688.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Yuncang Li
Select another contact