IFM staff list
- The preparation of ultra-fine fibres
- Functionalisation of fibrous materials
- Emerging applications of fibrous materials in both textile and non-textile areas
- New soft matters
- PhD in Physical Chemistry (Chinese Academy of Sciences, China - 1998)
- Master of Engineering (Fine Chemical) (East China University of Science and Technology, China - 1995)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Pharmaceutical) (East China University of Science and Technology, China - 1989)
Relevant employment history:
- 2013 - Present: Personal Chair, Deakin University
- 2012 - Present: ARC Future Fellow
- 2012 - Present: Associate Director, AFFRIC, Deakin University
- 2010 - 2012: Associate Professor in Fibrous Materials, Deakin University
- 2006 - 2009: Senior Research Fellow, Deakin University
- 2003 - 2005: Research Academic, Deakin University
- 2002 - 2003: Postdoctoral Scientist, Akron University
- 2000 - 2002: Postdoctoral Fellow, CSIRO/Wollongong University
- 1998 - 2000: Postdoctoral Scientist, Chinese Academy of Sciences
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- H Zhou, H Wang, H Niu, A Gestos, X Wang, T Lin, Fluoroalkyl Silane Modified Silicone Rubber/Nanoparticle Composite: A Super Durable, Robust Superhydrophobic Fabric Coating, Advanced Materials, 2012, 24(18), 2409-2412.
- Y Zhao, Z Xu, X Wang, T Lin, Photoreactive Azido-Containing Silica Nanoparticle/Polycation Multilayers: Durable Superhydrophobic Coating on Cotton Fabrics, Langmuir, 2012, 28 (15), 6328-6335.
- H Wang, Y Xue, L Feng, X Wang, T Lin, Durable, Self-Healing Superhydrophobic and Superoleophobic Surfaces from FD-POSS and Hydrolyzed FAS, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2011, 50, 11433-11436.
- J Fang, X Wang, T Lin, Electrical Power Generator from Randomly Oriented Electrospun Poly(vinylidene fluoride) Nanofibre Membranes, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2011, 21, 11088-11091.
- H Niu, J Zhang, Z Xie, X Wang, T Lin, Preparation, structure and supercapacitance of bonded carbon nanofiber electrode materials, Carbon, 2011, 49, 2380- 2388.
- Y Tang, C Wong, H Wang, A Sutti, M Kirkland, X Wang, T Lin, Three Dimensional Tissue Scaffolds from Inter-bonded PCL Fibrous Matrices with Controlled Porosity, Tissue Engineering: Part C, 2011, 17(2), 209-218.
- H Wang, J Ding, L Dai, X Wang, T Lin, Directional Water-Transfer through Fabrics Induced by Asymmetric Wettability, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2010, 20(37), 7938 - 7940.
- Y Xue, H Wang, Y Zhao, L Dai, L Feng, X Wang, T Lin, Magnetic Liquid Marbles: A "Precise" Miniature Reactor, Advanced Materials, 2010, 4814-4818.
- Y Zhao, J Fang, H Wang, X Wang, T Lin, Magnetic liquid marbles: Manipulation of liquid droplets using highly hydrophobic Fe3O4 nanoparticles, Advanced Materials, 2010, 22, 707-710.
- Y Xue, H Wang, D Yu, L Feng, L Dai, X Wang, T Lin, Superhydrophobic Electrospun POSS-PMMA Copolymer Fibres with Highly Ordered Nanofibrillar and Surface Structures, Chemical Communications, 2009, 6418-6420
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Prof Tong Lin
Select another contact