IFM staff list
Dr Lu Sun
Res Fellow in Fibre Science & Tech.
+61 3 52273247
+61 3 52272539
web page: http://www.deakin.edu.au/itri/cmfi/
Dr. Lu Sun's work is focusing on the synthesis, characterization and applications of functional inorganic nanoparticles to textile. She is particularly interested in solving the critical problems of wool yellowing, color fading, odor removing and antibacterial coloration with ZnO, TiO2, Ag, Fe3O4 and graphene etc. nanomaterials.
- PhD, Physical Chemistry, Jilin University, P. R. China, 2005.
- BSc, Applied Chemistry, Liaoning University, P. R. China, 2000
Relevant employment history:
- 2006-present: Research Fellow, Centre for Material and Fibre Innovation, Deakin University
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Bin Tang, Jinfeng Wang, Shuping Xu, Tarannum Afrin, Weiqing Xu, Lu Sun*, Xungai Wang: Application of anisotropic silver nanoparticles: Multifunctionalization of wool fabric. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 356 (2011) 513.
- Jinfeng Wang, Takuya Tsuzuki, Bin Tang, Pavel Cizek, Lu Sun* and Xungai Wang: Synthesis of silica-coated ZnO nanocomposite: the resonance structure of polyvinyl pyrrolidone (PVP) as a coupling agent. Colloid and Polymer Science, 288 (2010) 1705.
- Takuya Tsuzuki*, Rongliang He, Jinfeng Wang, Lu Sun, Xungai Wang: Reduction of the photocatalytic activity of ZnO nanoparticles for UV protection applications. International Journal of Nanotechnology, accepted on 23 August 2010.
- Jinfeng Wang, Takuya Tsuzuki, Lu Sun* and Xungai Wang: Reverse Microemulsion-Mediated Synthesis of SiO2-Coated ZnO Composite Nanoparticles: Multiple Cores with Tunable Shell Thickness. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2 (2010) 957.
- Jinfeng Wang, Takuya Tsuzuki, Lu Sun*, and Xungai Wang: Reducing the photocatalytic activity of zinc oxide quantum dots by surface modification, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 92 (2009) 2083.
- Lu Sun, John A Rippon*, Peter Cookson, Olga Koulaeva Xungai Wang: Effects of undoped and manganese-doped zinc oxide nanoparticles on the colour fading of dyed polyester fabrics, Chemical Engineering Journal, 147 (2009) 391.
- Lu Sun, John A Rippon*, Peter Cookson, Xungai Wang, Ken King, Olga Koulaeva and Reno Beltrame, Nano zinc oxide for UV protection of textiles. International Journal of Technology Transfer and Commercialisation, Vol. 7, Nos. 2/3, 2008.
- Miao Xu, Lu Sun, Shengyan Yin, Chunli Liu, Lixin Wu*: Monolayer behavior of a pyridyl head-group-containing amphiphile and its miscibility with poly(D,L-lactide-co-glycolide) on different pH subphase, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 316 (2007) 912.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Lu Sun
Select another contact