IFM staff list
Aprof Takuya Tsuzuki
Principle Research Fellow
+61 3 522 73205
+61 3 522 72847
Associate Professor Tsuzuki's research has been focused on the synthesis, property-characterization and industrial applications of inorganic and organic nanomaterials. He has 20 years of experience in nanoparticle research through his career in academia and industry. His research interest includes sustainable materials and manufacturing, mechanochemistry, functional nanoparticles, the conversion of industrial waste into value-added nanomaterials, life-cycle analysis of nanomaterials, utilization of solar energy for environment and energy applications using nanomaterials, green nanocomposites, and nanotechnology commercialization.
- PhD, condensed matter physics, Kyoto University, Japan (1995)
- MSc, condensed matter physics, Kyoto University, Japan (1990)
- BSc, condensed matter physics, Kyoto University, Japan (1988)
- GradCert, technology management, La Trobe University (2006)
Relevant employment history:
- 2012 - current: Associate Professor, Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University
- 2007 - 2011: Senior Research Academic, Institute for Technology Research and Innovation, Deakin University
- 2004 - 2006: R&D Manager, Advanced Nanotechnology Ltd
- 2000 - 2004: Senior Research Scientist, Advanced Nano Technologies Pty Ltd
- 1995 - 2000: Research Fellow, The University of Western Australia
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- P.G. McCormick, T. Tsuzuki, J.S. Robinson, J. Ding (2001) Nanopowders synthesized by mechanochemical processing, Advanced Materials, 13, 1008-1010.
- T. Tsuzuki (2012) Nanomaterial Commercialization, Pan Stanford Publishing, ISBN 978-981-4303-28-6.
- A.C. Dodd, A. J. McKinley, T. Tsuzuki, M. Saunders, (2009) Tailoring the photocatalytic activity of nanoparticulate zinc oxide by transition metal oxide doping, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 114, 382-386.
- R. He, T. Tsuzuki (2010) Low temperature solvothermal synthesis of ZnO quantum dots. Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 93, 2281-2285.
- E. Jazaeri, L. Zhang, X. Wang, T. Tsuzuki (2011) Fabrication of carbon nanofiber by pyrolysis of freeze-dried cellulose nanofiber, Cellulose, 18, 1481-1485.
- J. Wang, T. Tsuzuki, B. Tang, X. Hou, L. Sun, X. Wang (2012) Reduced graphene oxide / ZnO composites: reusable adsorbent for pollutant management, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 4, 3084 - 3090.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Aprof Takuya Tsuzuki
Select another contact