IFM staff list
Aprof Cui'E Wen
Dr Wen's specialty area is the Materials Science and Engineering. Research interests include the development of porous metals (Ti, Al, Mg and their alloys), porous metallic biomaterials (Ti, Ti alloys and composites), and amorphous/nanostructured metal materials. She is working on the projects:
i) Design and development of new porous Ti, Ti alloys and composites for biomedical applications
ii) Biodegradable metal biomaterials (e.g. Mg and its alloys)
iii) Surface modification of metallic biomaterials (e.g. nanoengineering of biomaterial surfaces)
iv) Fabrication and characterisation of amorphous/nano-structured materials
v) Nanoparticle reinforced metal composite materials
vi) Metal foams for automotive and defence applications (Al, Mg, and their alloys)
- PhD, Materials Science and Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China (1992)
- BSc, Metal Materials, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China (1984)
Relevant employment history:
- 2007- present: Senior Research Academic, Institute of Technology Research & Innovation, Deakin University, Australia
- 2003 - 2007: Research Engineer, Centre for Material and Fibre Innovation, Deakin University
- 1996 - 2003: Researcher, Materials Research Institute for Sustainable Development, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Nagoya, Japan
- 1995 - 1996: Associate professor, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Beijing, China
- 1992 - 1995: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- X.J. Wang, Y. Li, J. Lin, Y. Yamada, P. Hodgson, C. Wen, In vitro bioactivity evaluation of titanium and niobium metals with different surface morphologies, Acta Biomater., 4, 2008, 1530-1535.
- X.J. Wang, Y. Li, J. Lin, P. Hodgson, C. Wen, Effect of heat-treatment atmosphere on the bond strength of apatite layer on Ti substrate, Dent. Mater., 24, 2008, 1549-1555.
- X.J. Wang, Y. Li, J. Lin, P.D. Hodgson, C. Wen, Apatite-inducing ability of titanium oxide layer on titanium surface: The effect of surface energy, J. Mater. Res., 23(6), 2008, 1682-1688.
- X.B. Chen, A. Nouri, Y. Li, J. Lin, P.D. Hodgson, C. Wen, Effect of Surface Roughness of Ti, Zr, and TiZr on Apatite Precipitation From Simulated Body Fluid, Biotechnol. Bioeng., 101(2), 2008, 378-387.
- J.Y. Xiong, Y. Li, P.D. Hodgson, C. Wen, Mechanical properties and bioactive surface modification via alkali-heat treatment of a porous Ti-18Nb-4Sn alloy for biomedical applications, Acta Biomater., 4, 2008, 1963-1968.
- H.W. Xie, J. Lin, Y. Li, P.D. Hodgson, C. Wen, Composition Dependency of the Glass Forming Ability (GFA) in Mg?Ni?Si System by Mechanical Alloying, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 459, 2007, 35-39.
- A. Nouri, X.B. Chen, Y. Li, Y. Yamada, P.D. Hodgson, C. Wen, Synthesis of Ti-Sn-Nb alloy by powder metallurgy, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 485, 2008, 562-570.
- C. Wen, W. Xu, W.Y. Hu, P.D. Hodgson, Hydroxyapatite/titania Sol-gel Coating on Titanium-zirconium Alloy for Biomedical Applications, Acta Biomater., 3, 2007, 403-410.
- C. Wen, Y. Yamada, P.D. Hodgson, Fabrication of novel TiZr alloy foams for biomedical applications, Mater. Sci. Eng. C, 26, 2006, 1439-1444.
- C. Wen, Y. Yamada, K. Shimojima, Y. Chino, H. Hosokawa, M. Mabuchi, Compressibility of porous magnesium foam: dependency on porosity and pore size, Mater. Lett., 58(3-4), 2004, 357-360.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Aprof Cui'E Wen
Select another contact