IFM staff list
Mr Graeme Keating
Position: Technical Officer
Phone: +61 3 522 71227
Mr Keating provides high level technical support to the Fibres and Polymers research group within the Centre for Material and Fibre Innovation. He helps with design and construction of specialised research rigs and ensures that research laboratories operate smoothly and safely.
Mr Keating has a key involvement in the Australian Research Council (ARC) funded Bioscaffold project. This work is in cooperation with Barwon Biomedical Research and investigates novel textile based scaffolds for the growth of cells. Mr Keating’s skills in melt fibre extrusion and non-woven textile manufacture significantly benefit this research.
- 2002 Bachelor of Technology (Manufacturing) Deakin University
- 1994 Associate Diploma of Engineering (Production Tool Design)
- 1985 Certificate of Technology (Production Tool Design)
- 1984 Fitter and Machinist - Backwell IXL Pty Ltd
Relevant employment history:
- 2003- Present: Technical Officer/Research Assistant- Centre for Material and Fibre Innovation.
- 2002: Contract Detail Draftsperson- Adrec Pty Ltd.
- 1992 – 2001: Graduate Position-Product Development – Godfrey Hirst Australia Pty Ltd
- 1991: Senior Detail Draftsperson- Valenite GTE Pty Ltd.
- 1987 – 1990: Senior Detail Draftsperson- International Trucks Pty Ltd.
- 1985 – 1987: Fitter & Machinist- Product Development-Ford Motor Co
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Mr Graeme Keating
Select another contact