IFM staff list
Aprof Bernard Rolfe
+61 3 522 72417
web page: http://www.deakin.edu.au/~brolfe
A/Prof. Bernard Rolfe completed a combined Economics and Engineering degree with honours in 1995 from the Australian National University (ANU). He worked for several years as a Business Systems consultant with Andersen Consulting (Accenture), before completing a PhD at the ANU (2002) investigating Advanced Manufacturing techniques. Currently, he is an Associate Professor at Deakin University in Australia. He has been a part of twelve successful competitive large research grants, totalling over $5 million in awarded funds. He has published over 50 refereed articles. His current research focus is the forming of light weight structures, which includes the development of better material models for metal forming. Bernard led Deakin's successful project team for "Creating the Model-T for the 21st Century - a Global University Challenge". He is the project leader for the AutoCRC's visionary project on light weight structures.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Advanced Manufacturing (2002), ANU, Australia
- B. Eng. Control Systems (1995), ANU, Australia
- B. Ec. Public Economics and Econometrics (1992), ANU, Australia
Relevant employment history:
- 2007 - 2011: Deakin University, School of Engineering, Geelong, Victoria. Position - Senior Lecturer
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- P.C. Okonkwo, G. Kelly, B.F. Rolfe, M.P. Pereira, :"The effect of temperature on sliding wear of steel-tool steel pairs", Wear, Vol 282-283, 5 April 2012 (Journal impact factor: 1.635).
- M. Weiss, B. Rolfe, P.D. Hodgson, C. Yang, "Effect of Residual Stress on the Bending of Aluminium", Materials processing technology, Vol 212, Issue 4, 2012, pp 877-883 (Journal impact factor: 1.567).
- M. Weiss, E. Hemmerich, P.D. Hodgson, B.F. Rolfe, "Effect of thermal treatment on the bending properties of pre-strained carbon steel", Materials Science and Engineering A, Vol 528, Issues 13-14, 2011, pp 4528-4536. (Journal impact factor: 1.901).
- E. Hemmerich, B.F. Rolfe, P.D. Hodgson, M. Weiss, M, "The effect of pre-strain on the material behaviour and the Bauschinger effect in the bending of hot rolled and aged steel", Materials Science and Engineering A, Vol 528, Issue 9, 2011, pp 3302-3309. (Journal impact factor: 1.901).
- S.A. Asgari, M. Pereira, B.F. Rolfe, M.E. Dingle, P.D. Hodgson, "Statistical analysis of finite element modeling in sheet metal forming and springback analysis", Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 203/1-3 pp. 129-136, 2008. (Journal impact factor: 1.143)
- S.A. Asgari, P.D. Hodgson, C.H. Yang, B.F. Rolfe, "Modeling of Advanced High Strength Steels with the realistic microstructure strength relationships", Computational Materials Science, Vol. 45, Issue 4, pp. 860-866, Jun 2009. (Journal impact factor: 1.549).
- T. de Souza, B.F. Rolfe, "Characterising material and process variation effects on springback robustness for a semi-cylindrical sheet metal forming process", International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Vol 52, Issue 12, 2010, pp. 1756-1766. (Journal impact factor: 1.288).
- M.P. Pereira, W. Yan, B.F. Rolfe, "Sliding distance, contact pressure and wear in sheet metal stamping", Wear, Volume 268, Issues 11-12, pp. 1275-1284, May 2010, (Journal impact factor: 1.509).
- M. Pereira, J.L. Duncan, W. Yan, B.F. Rolfe, "Contact Pressure Evolution at the Die Radius in Sheet Metal Stamping", Journal Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 209, Issue 7, pp. 3532-3541, 2009. (Journal impact factor: 1.143)
- M. Pereira, W. Yan, B.F. Rolfe, "Contact pressure evolution and its relation to wear in sheet metal forming", Wear, Vol. 265, pp. 6187-1699, 2008. (Journal impact factor: 1.509).
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Aprof Bernard Rolfe
Select another contact