IFM staff list
Dr Mark Nave
Position: Electron Microscopy Manager (FIB)
Phone: +61 3 522 71126
Fax: +61 3 5227 1103
Dr. Nave's research background is in the solidification, deformation and recrystallization of metals. A large part of his research has involved detailed microstructural characterization using scanning electron microscopy and electron backscattered diffraction (EBSD). The results have then been used to develop or test hypotheses on the mechanisms of solidification, deformation and recrystallisation. With Deakin University's acquisition of a focused ion beam scanning electron microscope, his research interests have extended into three-dimensional microstructural characterization of materials, including 3D-EBSD.
- Doctor of Philosophy (The University of Queensland, Australia - 2001)
- Bachelor of Engineering (The University of Queensland, Australia - 1995)
Relevant employment history:
- 2011 - present: Electron Microscopy Manager (FIB), Deakin University
- 2008 - 2011: Senior Scientific Officer, Deakin University
- 2006 - 2011: Managing Director, Microanalysis Consulting
- 2005 - 2006: Application Scientist - EBSD, HKL Technology and Oxford Instruments
- 2001 - 2004: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Deakin University
- 1998 - 2000: Tutor and Schools? Liaison Program Coordinator, The University of Queensland
- 1996 - 1997: Project Engineer and Movements Engineer, The Shell Company of Australia
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- M. R. Barnett, M. D. Nave and A. Ghaderi, "Yield Point Elongation Due to Twinning in a Magnesium Alloy", Acta Materialia, 60 (2012), pp. 1433-1443.
- P. Cizek, M. R. Barnett, M. D. Nave, E. F. Rauch and R. Balasubramaniam, "Microscale and Mesoscale Crystallographic Textures of Nanocrystalline Ni-based Electrodeposits", Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 42A (2011), pp. 2048-2060.
- M. S. Dargusch, M. Nave, S. D. McDonald and D. H. StJohn, "The effect of aluminium content on the eutectic morphology of high pressure die cast magnesium-aluminium alloys", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 492 (2010), pp. L64-L68.
- M. R. Barnett, P. Cizek, M. Nave, A. Sullivan and R. Balasubramaniam, "Cobblestone Mesotexture in a Nanocrystalline Ni-20Fe Electrodeposit", Scripta Materialia, 60 (2009), pp. 603-606.
- M. D. Nave and H. Inoue, ?Reliable Titanium Aluminide Texture Measurement Using EBSD?, Materials Science Forum, 561-565 (2007), pp. 431-434.
- M. S. Dargusch, K. Pettersen, K. Nogita, M. D. Nave, G. L. Dunlop, "The Effect of Aluminium Content on the Mechanical Properties and Microstructure of Die Cast Binary Magnesium-Aluminium Alloys", Materials Transactions, 47 (2006), pp. 977-982.
- M. R. Barnett, Z. Keshavarz and M. D. Nave, "Microstructural Features of Rolled Mg-3Al-1Zn", Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 36A (2005), pp. 1697-1704.
- M. D. Nave and M. R. Barnett, "Microstructures and Textures of Pure Magnesium Deformed in Plane-strain Compression", Scripta Materialia, 51 (2004), pp. 881-885.
- M. R. Barnett, M. D. Nave and C. J. Bettles, "Deformation Microstructures and Textures of Some Cold Rolled Mg Alloys", Materials Science and Engineering A, 386 (2004), pp. 205-211.
- M. D. Nave and M. R. Barnett, "Texture Change Near Grain Boundaries and Triple Points in Cold-rolled Interstitial-free Steel", Materials Science and Engineering A, 386 (2004), pp. 244-253.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Mark Nave
Select another contact