IFM staff list
Dr Yan Zhao
ARC APD Research Fellow
+61 3 522 72200
- Functional interface materials with special wetting behaviors
- UV-protective coatings for fabrics and organic solar cells
- D. Eng., Materials Science, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, 2008
- M. Eng., Applied Chemistry, Qingdao University, China, 2004
- B. Sc., Applied Chemistry, Qingdao University, China, 2001
Relevant employment history:
- 2011- present: ARC APD Research Fellow, CMFI/ITRI, Deakin University, Australia.
- 2008-2011: Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellow, CMFI, Deakin University, Australia.
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Y. Zhao, W. Yang, Y. Xue, X. Wang, T. Lin, Partial exfoliation of layered double hydroxides in DMSO: a route to transparent polymer nanocomposites, J. Mater. Chem. 2011, 21, 4869-4874.
- Y. Xue, H. Wang, Y. Zhao, L. Dai, L. Feng, X. Wang, T. Lin, Magnetic liquid marbles: A ?precise? miniature reactor, Adv. Mater. 2010, 22, 4814-4818.
- Y. Zhao, J. Fang, H. Wang, X. Wang, T. Lin, Magnetic liquid marbles: Manipulation of liquid droplets using highly hydrophobic Fe3O4 nanoparticles, Adv. Mater. 2010, 22, 707-710.
- Y. Zhao, Y. Tang, X. Wang, T. Lin, Superhydrophobic cotton fabric fabricated by electrostatic assembly of silica nanoparticles and its remarkable buoyancy, Appl. Surf. Sci. 2010, 256, 6736-6742.
- Y. Zhao, M. Li, Q. Lu, Z. Shi, Superhydrophobic polyimide films with a hierarchical topography: Combined replica molding and layer-by-layer assembly, Langmuir 2008, 24, 12651-12657.
- Y. Zhao, M. Li, Q. Lu, Tunable wettability of polyimide films based on electrostatic self-assembly of ionic liquids, Langmuir 2008, 24, 3937-3943.
- Y. Zhao, M. Li, Q. Lu, Surface patterns induced by laser irradiation on thin polymer bilayer films, Colloids Surf. A 2008, 312, 47-55.
- Y. Zhao, Q. Lu, M. Li, X. Li, Anisotropic wetting characteristics on submicrometer scale periodic grooved surface, Langmuir 2007, 23, 6212-6217.
- J. Xu, M. Li, Y. Zhao, Q. Lu, Control over the hydrophobic behavior of polystyrene surface by annealing temperature based on capillary template wetting method, Colloids Surf. A 2007, 302, 136-140.
- Y. Zhao, Q. Lu, D. Chen, Y. Wei, Superhydrophobic modification of polyimide films based on gold-coated porous silver nanostructures and self-assembled monolayers, J. Mater. Chem. 2006, 16, 4504-4509.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Yan Zhao
Select another contact