IFM staff list
Dr Kevin Magniez
Research Fellow in Composites
+61 3 522 71305
Dr Magniez’s research interests encompass the development of novel composite materials including self-healing, toughened and nanocomposite systems, as well as polymers, their blends and nanocomposites, (crystallisation behaviour, mechanical and thermo-mechanical properties, nanocomposites etc). Magniez currently supervises a number of projects in some respective areas.
- PhD, Deakin University , Australia (2006),
- MEng, Ecole Nationale des Arts et industries Textiles (ENSAIT), France (2001)
Relevant employment history:
- 2008-present: Research fellow in composites/ Lecturer, Deakin University
- 2006-2008: Research fellow, CSIRO Materials Science and Engineering.
- 2002-2006: PhD in materials science and nanocomposites, CSIRO/Deakin University.
- 2000-2002: Engineer, Technical Support to Operations Group (TSO), DuPont UK limited
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- 1. K Magniez, BL Fox, MG Looney, Non-isothermal Crystallisation behaviour of poly (m-xylene adipamide) Montmorillonite nanocomposites, Journal of Polymer Science, Vol. 47, Issue 17, p. 1300-1312 (2009).
- 2. K Magniez, BL Fox, MG Looney, Silver sulphide as a staining agent for scanning electron microscopy of Nylon 6/MXD6 blends, accepted in Polymer International (DOI: 10.1002/pi.2599).
- 3. K Magniez, A Vijayan, N Finn, Investigation of the volumetric shrinkage of epoxy resin during curing process, submitted to Composite Part A.
- 4. S Deng, B Qi, M Hou, L Yea, K Magniez, Assessment of Fibre-Matrix Adhesion between Polymer Threads and Epoxy Resin by Transverse Fibre Bundle (TFB) Tests, submitted to Composites Part A.
- 5. K Magniez, BL Fox, MG Looney, Novel Nanocomposite Fibres for Technical Textile Applications: Synthesis and Characterisation of Poly (m-xylene adipamide) Montmorillonite Nanocomposites’ at the ‘Nanocomposites 2005’ conference in San Francisco, California, USA. August 2005.
- 6. K Magniez, BL Fox, MG Looney, X Wang, High Technology Nanocomposite fibres: development of melt-spun semi-aromatic polyamide nanocomposite fibres at the SAMPE Europe 26th International Conference in Paris, April 2005.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Kevin Magniez
Select another contact