IFM staff list
Dr Qing Li
+61 3 522 72933
Research experience: fibre and textile material science and industrial applications which includes functional textile materials, property characterization of fibre/fabric during manufacture and finishing process, atmospheric plasma treatment on fabric surfaces, and ultrasonic cleaning technology.
Research interests include technical textiles, nanotechnology, textile processing and manufacturing, and textile bio and energy sound applications.
- PhD, Fibre Science and Technology (Deakin University, Australia, 2007)
- MSc, Material Engineering (Zhejiang Sci-tech University, China, 1997)
- BSc, Textile Engineering (Zhejiang Sci-tech University, China, 1992)
Relevant employment history:
- 2007 - present: Research Fellow, Institute of Technology Research and Innovation, Deakin University, Australia
- 1997 - 2004: Lecturer and Research Fellow, Zhejiang Sci-tech University, China
- 1992 - 1994: Research Engineer, Shanghai Research Institute of Textile Sci-tech, China
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Li Q., Lin T., and Wang X.G., Effects of ultrasonic treatment on wool fibre and fabric properties, accepted for publication at J. Text. Inst. on 13 June 2011.
- Li Q., Brady P.R., and Wang X.G., Effects of pH on the stress-strain properties of wool fabric, accepted for publication at J. Text. Inst. on 16 Feb 2011.
- Li Q., Hurren C. J., Ding C.L., Wang L.J., Lin T., and Wang X.G., Ultrasonic scouring of wool and its effects on fibre breakage during carding, accepted for publication at J. Text. Inst. on 11 Oct 2010.
- Li Q., Brady P.R., Hurren C. J., and Wang X.G., Rapid fibre diameter measurement in aqueous solutions with OFDA 2000, J. Text. Inst. Vol.102, No.6, 500-504 (2011).
- Li Q., Hurren C. J., Wang L.J., Lin T., Yu H.X., Ding C.L. and Wang X.G., Frequency dependence of ultrasonic wool scouring, J. Text. Inst. Vol.102, No.6, 505-513 (2011).
- Li Q., Hurren C. J., and Wang X.G. (2010), Cuticle modifications and dyeing property of ultrasonically scoured wool, Proc. of 12th International Wool Research Conference, pp 77-80, 20 Oct 2010. Shanghai, China.
- Li Q., Brady P.R., and Wang X., The effect of pH on wool fibre diameter and fabric dimensions, Text. Res. J. Vol 79 (10): 953 - 957 (2009).
- Li Q., Brady P.R., and Wang X., The effect of fabric strain during pressure steaming on fabric dimensional properties, J. Text. Inst. Vol. 99, No.6, 591-596 (2008).
- Li Q., Brady P.R., Hurren C.J., and Wang X.G., The dimensional and mechanical properties of wool/PES fabrics made from Vortex and Ring-spun yarns, J. Text. Inst. Vol. 99, No.6, 561-568 (2008).
- Li Q., Brady P.R., and Wang X., Influence of pH on hygral expansion, relaxation shrinkage and extensibility of wool fabric, Fibres and Polymers Vol.8, No.2, 230-233 (2007).
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Qing Li
Select another contact