IFM staff list
Dr Alexey Glushenkov
+61 3 522 72931
These include preparation and characterization of nanomaterials, scanning and transmission electron microscopy, studying properties and applications of nanomaterials and nanostructured electrodes. Dr Glushenkov has broad experience in the synthesis and analysis of nanostructures composed of carbon, oxides of zinc, titanium, tin and vanadium as well as nitrides of vanadium and boron. He is currently interested in applications of nanomaterials related to energy storage.
- PhD (Physics), the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia - 2009
- Master of Physics (Chemical Physics), Novosibirsk State University, Russian Federation - 2003
- Bachelor of Physics, Novosibirsk State University, Russian Federation - 2001
Relevant employment history:
- 2009 - present: Research Fellow, Institute for Technology Research and Innovation, Deakin University, Australia
- 2008 - 2009: Postdoctoral Fellow, Research School of Physics and Engineering, the Australian National University, Australia
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- T. Tao, A.M. Glushenkov, H.W. Liu, Z.W. Liu, X.J. Dai, H. Chen, S.P. Ringer, Y. Chen, Ilmenite FeTiO3 nanoflowers and their pseudocapacitance, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 115 (2011) 17297-17302.
- T. Tao, A.M. Glushenkov, C.F. Zhang, H.Z. Zhang, D. Zhou, Z.P. Guo, H.K. Liu, Q. Chen, H.P. Hu, Y. Chen, MoO3 nanoparticles dispersed uniformly in carbon matrix: a high capacity composite anode for Li-ion batteries, Journal of Materials Chemistry 21 (2011) 9350-9355.
- L.H. Li, Y. Chen, G. Behan, H.Z. Zhang, M. Petravic, A.M. Glushenkov, Large scale mechanical peeling of boron nitride nanosheets by low-energy ball milling, Journal of Materials Chemistry 21 (2011) 11862-11866.
- T. Tao, A.M. Glushenkov, Q.Y. Chen, H.P. Hu, D. Zhou, H.Z. Zhang, M. Boese, S. Liu, R. Amal, Y. Chen, Porous TiO2 with a controllable bimodal pore size distribution from natural ilmenite, CrystEngComm 13 (2011) 1322-1327.
- A. M. Glushenkov, D. Hulicova-Jurcakova, D. Llewellyn, G.Q. Lu, Y. Chen, Structure and capacitive properties of porous nanocrystalline VN produced by NH3 reduction of V2O5, Chemistry of Materials 22 (2010) 914-921.
- V.V. Shinkarev, A.M. Glushenkov, D.G. Kuvshinov, G.G. Kuvshinov, Nanofibrous carbon with herringbone structure as an effective catalyst of the H2S selective oxidation, Carbon 48 (2010) 2004-2012.
- L.H. Li, Y. Chen, A.M. Glushenkov, Boron nitride nanotube films grown from boron ink painting, Journal of Materials Chemistry 20 (2010) 9679-9683.
- J. Yu, Y. Chen, A.M. Glushenkov, Titanium oxide nanorods extracted from ilmenite sands, Crystal Growth & Design 9 (2009) 1240-1244.
- V.V. Shinkarev, A.M. Glushenkov, D.G. Kuvshinov, G.G. Kuvshinov, New effective catalysts based on mesoporous nanofibrous carbon for selective oxidation of hydrogen sulphide, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 85 (2009) 180-191.
- A.M. Glushenkov, V.I. Stukachev, M.F. Hassan, G.G. Kuvshinov, H.K. Liu, Y. Chen, A novel approach for real mass transformation from V2O5 particles to nanorods, Crystal Growth & Design 8 (2008) 3661-3665.
Select another contact