IFM staff list
Dr Nishar Hameed
Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellow
+61 3 522 71403
Dr Hameed's research interests include nanostructure self-assembly in block copolymers and development of bio-renewable plastics from natural resources. Other studies he has been working on: (i) improving mechanical properties of thermosets by highly ordered nanostructures; (ii) high performance polymer nanocomposites; (iii) glass/carbon fibre reinforced epoxy composites; and (iv) polymer blends and polymer-surfactant complexes.
- PhD, Material Science Engineering (Deakin University - 2011)
- MPhil, Chemistry (Mahatma Gandhi University, India - 2006)
- MSc, Chemistry (Mahatma Gandhi University, India - 2004)
- BSc, Chemistry (Mahatma Gandhi University, India - 2002)
Relevant employment history:
- 2011- present: Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute for Technology Research and Innovation, Deakin University
- 2010- 2011: Research Scientist, Institute for Technology Research and Innovation, Deakin University
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Hameed, N., Guo, Q., Tay, F. H., Kazarian, S. G. "Blends of cellulose and poly(3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate) prepared from the ionic liquid 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium chloride" Carbohydrate Polymers 2011, 86, 94.
- Hameed, N., Guo, Q., Xu, Z., Hanley, T. L. and Mai, Y-W. "Reactive block copolymer modified thermosets: Highly ordered nanostructures and improved properties," Soft Matter, 2010, 6, 6119-6129.
- Hameed, N., Guo. Q., Hanley T., Mai, Y.W., "Hydrogen Bonding Interactions, Crystallization, and Surface Hydrophobicity in Nanostructured Epoxy/Block Copolymer Blends", Journal of Polymer Science Part B-Polymer Physics 2010, 48, 790-800.
- Hameed, N., Qipeng Guo. "Natural wool/cellulose blend membranes prepared from room temperature ionic liquid," Cellulose 2010, 17, 803.
- Hameed, N., Guo. Q., "Natural wool/cellulose acetate blends regenerated from the ionic liquid 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium chloride", Carbohydrate Polymers 2009, 78, 999-1004.
- Hameed, N., Salim, N.V., Guo. Q., "Microphase separation through competitive hydrogen bonding in self-assembled A-b-B/C diblock copolymer/homopolymer complexes", Journal of Chemical Physics 2009, 131, 214905.
- Hameed, N., Liu, J., Guo. Q., "Self-Assembled Complexes of Poly(4-vinylphenol) and Poly (epsilon-caprolactone)-block-poly(2-vinylpyridine) via Competitive Hydrogen Bonding", Macromolecules 2008, 41, 7596-7605.
- Hameed, N., Guo. Q., "Selective hydrogen bonding and hierarchical nanostructures in poly(hydroxyether of bisphenol A)/poly(?-caprolactone)-block-poly(2-vinyl pyridine) blends", Polymer 2008, 49, 922-933.
- Hameed, N., Guo. Q., "Nanostructure and hydrogen bonding in interpolyelectrolyte complexes of poly (?-caprolactone)-block-poly(2-vinyl pyridine) and poly(acrylic acid)", Polymer 2008, 49, 5268-5275.
- Hameed, N., Sreekumar, P.A., Francis, B., Thomas, S., "Morphology, dynamic mechanical and thermal studies on poly(styrene-co-acrylonitrile) modified epoxy resin/glass fibre composite", Composites Part A-Applied Science and Manufacturing 2007, 38, 2422-2432.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Nishar Hameed
Select another contact