IFM staff list
Dr Maryam Naebe
Res Fellow - Fibre Science & Techn
+61 3 522 72783
+61 3 522 72539
Dr Naebe's research interests are in fibre science and technology. She is interested in understanding the interaction between textiles, the human body, and the environment with a view of developing textile materials to enhance their functional performance, tactile and thermal comfort. More recently Dr Naebe has been investigating the comfort properties of next to skin wool materials. The focus of the research has been to develop a commercially applicable way to evaluate next to skin comfort using the new Wool ComfortMeter device.
- PhD: Deakin University, Geelong, Australia
- MSc: Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran
- BSC (Hons): Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran
Relevant employment history:
- 2010 - Present: Research Fellow, Deakin University
- 2006 - 2009: PhD candidate, CMFI, Deakin University
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- M. Naebe, Y. Yu, B.A., McGregor, D. Tester, and X. Wang, The effect of humidity and temperature on Wool ComfortMeter assessment of single jersey wool fabrics, Textile Res. J., 82(8), 2012.
- M. Naebe, Y. Yu, B.A., McGregor, D. Tester and X. Wang, "The Sensitivity of the Wool Comfort Meter Measurement", The Fibre Society Conference, Hong Kong, May 2011.
- M. Naebe, P.G. Cookson, R. Denning and X. Wang, "Use of Low-level Plasma for Enhancing the Shrink Resistance of Wool Fabric Treated with a Silicone Polymer", J Textile Inst., 102 (11), 2011.
- M. Naebe, P.G. Cookson, R. Denning and X. Wang, "Ageing Effect of Plasma Treated Wool", J Textile Inst., 102 (12), 2011.
- S. Ratnapandian, L. Wang, M. Fergusson, and M. Naebe, "Effect of Atmospheric Plasma Treatment on Pad-Dyeing of wool with Natural Dyes", Journal of Fiber Bioengineering & Informatics. 4(3), 2011.
- M. Naebe, J.A. Rippon, P.R. Brady, X.G. Wang, N. Brack, G. van Riessen and P.G. Cookson, "Effect of Plasma Treatment of wool on the Uptake of dyes with Different Hydrophobic Properties", Textile Res. J., 80 (4), 2010.
- M. Naebe, P.G. Cookson, J.A. Rippon and X.G. Wang "Effects of Levelling Agent on the Uptake of Reactive Dyes by Untreated and Plasma-Treated Wool", Textile Res. J., 80 (7), 2010.
- M. Naebe, J.A. Rippon, P.R. Brady, X.G. Wang, N. Brack, G. van Riessen and P.G. Cookson, "Effects of Atmospheric Pressure Plasma on Dye Uptake by the Surface of Wool", 6th International Textile Conference, TEXSCI, Czech Republic, June 2007.
Select another contact