IFM staff list
Dr Marianne Seter
+61 3 522 72592
+61 3 92446868
Corrosion mitigation on steel infrastructure using rare earth-organic complexes. Development of new and improved "green" corrosion inhibitors and analysing their speciation in aqueous solutions at varying pH and concentrations; techniques used include NMR spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, potentiodynamic polarisation and surface analysis using SEM and profilometry.
Investigating microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC); control and prevention of biofilm formation of steel substrates for industrial and medical applications.
- PhD (Deakin University, Australia - 2010)
- BFSc (Hons) (Deakin University, Australia - 2006)
Relevant employment history:
- 2011 - present: Research Fellow in Corrosion Science, Deakin University
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- M. Seter, M. Thomson, J. Stoimenovski, D.R. Macfarlane, M. Forsyth, Dual Active Ionic Liquids and Organic Salts for Inhibition of Microbial Influenced Corrosion. Chemical Communications, 2012. IF 5.787
- M. Seter, M. Forsyth, B. Hinton. Understanding Speciation of Lanthanum 4-Hydroxy Cinnamate and its Impact on the Corrosion Inhibition Mechanism for AS1020 steel. Volume 159, Issue 4, Pages C1-C9. Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 2012. IF 2.42
- M. Seter, D. Dakterneiks, A. Duthie, Chiral Rings from BINOL Dicarboxylic Acids and Alkane Ditin (IV) Linkers. Main Group Metal Chemistry, 2012.
- M. Seter, M. Forsyth, B. Hinton, Investigating the effect of solution pH on speciation of La(4OH-cin)3 with correlation to electrochemical behaviour and corrosion efficiency. 18th international corrosion congress, November 2011, Perth
- R. Catubig, M. Seter, B. Hinton, M. Forsyth, Effects of Corrosion Inhibiting Pigment Lanthanum 4-Hydroxy Cinnamate on the Filiform Corrosion of Coated Steel. Journal of The Electrochemical Society, Volume 158, Issue 11, 2011, pages A1-A6, IF 2.42
- M. Forsyth, M. Seter, B. Hinton, G. Deacon, P. Junk, New ?green? corrosion inhibitors based on rare earth compounds. Australian Journal of Chemistry, Volume 64, Issue 6, March 2011, pages 812-819. IF 1.681.
- B. R. W. Hinton, M. Behrouzvaziri, M. Forsyth, R. K. Gupta, M.Seter, P. G. Bushell, The Inhibition of Hydrogen Embrittlement in SAE 4340 Steel in an Aqueous Environment with the Rare Earth Compound Lanthanum 4 Hydroxy Cinnamate. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 2012, pages 1-9. IF 1.721
- N.D. Nam, M.Z. Bian, K.S. Shin, M. Seter, M. Tan, M. Forsyth. Effect of Calcium Oxide on the Corrosion behavior of AZ91 Magnesium Alloy. Corrosion Science, 2012. IF 3.261
- N.D. Nam, B.M. Zhe, M. Seter, M. Forsyth, M. Tan. Corrosion Properties of Multi-Nickel Phosphorus-Palladium-Gold Coatings in 3.5 wt.% NaCl Solution. Corrosion Science, 2012. IF 3.261
Select another contact