IFM staff list
My research interests include (1) theoretical understanding of the formation mechanisms of soft functional materials with 3D fiber networks. On the basis of this, to develop novel strategies towards the design of supramolecular architectures with controllable functionalities; (2) nature fibers and related composite materials for advanced applications such as optoelectronics and optical sensing; (3) novels approaches to wool yellowing; (4) novel functional nanoparticles for bioapplications such as cancer treatment.
- PhD (National University of Singapore, Singapore-2004)
- M. Eng.: (Tianjin University, China-1999).
- B. Eng. (Northeastern Petroleum University, China-1995)
Relevant employment history:
- 2011 - Present: Research Fellow, Institute for Technology Innovation and Research, Deakin University.
- 2007 - 2010: Research Fellow, Centre for Micro-Photonics, Swinburne University of Technology.
- 2004 - 2006: Research Fellow, Department of Physics, National University of Singapore.
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Li, J. L.; Liu, X. Y.; Wang, X. G. and Wang, R. Y. Controlling nanoparticle formation via sizable cages of supramolecular soft materials. Langmuir, 2011, 27, 7820-7827.
- Li, J. L.; Yuan, B. Liu, X. Y.; Wang, X. G. and Wang, R. Y. Kinetically controlled homogenization and transformation of crystalline fiber networks in supramolecular soft materials. Crystal Growth & Design, 2011, 11, 3227-3234.
- Li, J. L. and Gu, M. Surface plasmonic gold nanorods for enhanced two-photon microscopic imaging and apoptosis induction of cancer cells. Biomaterials, 2010, 31, 9492-9498.
- Li, J. L. and Liu, X. Y. Micro/nano engineering of supramolecular soft functional materials based on reconstruction of fiber networks, Advanced Functional Materials, 2010, 20, 3196-3216.
- Li, J. L. Day, D. and Gu, M. Design of a compact microfluidic devices for controllable cell distribution. Lab-on-a-Chip, 2010, 10, 3054-3057.
- Li, J. L., Yuan, B., Liu, X. Y. and Xu, H. Y. Microengineering of supramolecular soft materials by design of the crystalline fiber networks. Crystal Growth & Design. 2010, 10, 2699-2706.
- Li, J. L., Wang, R. Y. and Liu, X. Y. Nanoengineering of a biocompatible organogel by thermal processing. The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2009, 113, 5011-5015.
- Li, J. L. and Liu, X. Y. Microengineering of soft functional materials by controlling the fiber network formation. The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2009, 113, 15467-15472.
- Li, J. L., Day, D. and Gu, M. Ultra-low energy threshold for photothermal therapy of cancer using transferrin-conjugated gold nanorods. Advanced Materials, 2008, 20, 3866-3871.
- Li, J. L., Liu, X. Y., Strom, C. S and Xiong, J. Y. Engineering of small molecule organogels by design of the micro/nano structure of fiber network. Advanced Materials, 2006, 18, 2754-2758.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Jingliang Li
Select another contact