IFM staff list
Dr Md Mokhlesur Rahman
Research Fellow in Nanotechnology
+61 3 52272642
Dr M.M. Rahman has ten years of research experience in the fields of Nanotechnology, Electrochemistry, Materials Science, and Battery Technology, which includes research design and plans, materials synthesis, characterization, and practical applications. Dr M.M. Rahman has been focusing his research on the lithium-ion and lithium-polymer batteries for the last 6 years. He has expertise in the electrochemical field and has skills in the relevant experimental techniques used in electrochemistry for lithium-ion batteries and lithium-polymer batteries. His current research interests include:
- High energy and high power batteries for electric and hybrid electric vehicle application
- Advanced battery materials for a wide range of green applications
- Nanomaterials and composite microstructured materials for rechargeable lithium-ion batteries
- Rechargeable lithium-polymer batteries
- Electrochemistry and kinetics studies of battery materials
- Biocompatible materials for bio-batteries
- PhD (Materials Engineering), University of Wollongong, Australia - 2011
- M.Sc (Chemistry), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)- 2007
- M.Sc (Applied Chemistry & Chemical Technology), University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh-1997
- B.Sc (Hons) (Applied Chemistry & Chemical Technology), University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh-1996
Relevant employment history:
- 2011- present: Research Fellow, Institute for Technology Research and Innovation, Deakin University, Australia
- 2011: Researcher, Institute for Superconducting & Electronic Materials, University of Wollongong, Australia
- 2003-2004: Production Officer (Junior), General Pharmaceutical Ltd., Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2002-2003: Research Associate, Centre for Biomedical Research, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- M. M. Rahman, J. Z. Wang, M. F. Hassan, S. Chou, Z. X. Chen, H. K. Liu, "Nanocrystalline porous α-LiFeO2-C composite - an environmentally friendly cathode for the lithium-ion battery", Energy & Environmental Science 4 (2011) 952-957.
- M. M. Rahman, J. Z. Wang, M. F. Hassan, D. Wexler, H. K. Liu, "Amorphous carbon coated high grain boundary density dual phase Li4Ti5O12-TiO2: A nanocomposite anode material for Li-ion batteries", Advanced Energy Materials 1 (2011) 212-220.
- M. M. Rahman, J. Z. Wang, N. H. Idris, Z. X. Chen, H. K. Liu, "Enhanced lithium storage in a VO2(B)-multiwall carbon nanotube microsheet composite prepared via an in situ hydrothermal process", Electrochimica Acta 56 (2010) 693-699.
- M. M. Rahman, J. Z. Wang, M. F. Hassan, S. L. Chou, D. Wexler, H. K. Liu, "Basic molten salt process (BMSP) - A new route for the synthesis of nanocrystalline Li4Ti5O12-TiO2 anode material for the Li-ion battery using the eutectic mixture of LiNO3-LiOH-Li2O2", Journal of Power Sources 195 (2010) 4297-4303.
- M. M. Rahman, J. Z. Wang, X. L. Deng, Y. Li, H. K. Liu, "Hydrothermal synthesis of nanostructured Co3O4 materials under pulsed magnetic field and with an aging technique, and their electrochemical performance as anode for lithium-ion battery", Electrochimica Acta 55 (2009) 504-510.
- M. M. Rahman, J. Z. Wang, M. F. Hassan, Z. X. Chen, H. K. Liu, "Synthesis of carbon coated nanocrystalline porous α-LiFeO2 composite and its application as anode for the lithium ion battery", Journal of Alloys and Compounds 509 (2011) 5408-5413.
- M. M. Rahman, S. L. Chou, C. Zhong, J. Z. Wang, D. Wexler, H. K. Liu, "Spray pyrolyzed NiO-C nanocomposite as an anode material for the lithium-ion battery with enhanced capacity retention", Solid State Ionics 180 (2010) 1646-1651.
- M. M. Rahman, J. Z. Wang, D. Wexler, Y. Y. Zhang, X. J. Li, S. L. Chou, H. K. Liu, "Silver-coated TiO2 nanostructured anode materials for lithium ion batteries", Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry 14 (2010) 571-578.
- M. F. Hassan, M. M. Rahman, Z. P. Guo, Z. X. Chen, H. K. Liu, "SnO2-NiO-C nanocomposite as a high capacity anode material for lithium-ion batteries", Journal of Materials Chemistry 20 (2010) 9707-9712.
- N. H. Idris, M. M. Rahman, J. Z. Wang, Z. X. Chen, H. K. Liu, "Synthesis and electrochemical performance of LiV3O8/carbon nanosheet composite as cathode material for lithium ion batteries", Composites Science and Technology 71 (2011) 343-349.
Select another contact