IFM staff list
Mr Adrian Gestos
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Functional Fibrous Materials
+61 3 522 72913
Adrian Gestos has joined IFM as a post-doctoral fellow and will work with Associate Professor Tong Lin to develop advanced applications of electrospun nanofibres. He recently completed his PhD with the Intelligent Polymer Research Institute at Wollongong University. His PhD studies focused on the development of electrospun nanofibre hydrogels and the mechanical testing of individual nanofibres with the atomic force microscope.
- Bachelor of Science (University of Wollongong- 2003)
Relevant employment history:
- 2011 - present: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, CMFI, IFM, Deakin University.
- 2008 - 2011: PhD student, Intelligent Polymer Research Institute, University of Wollongong.
- 2004 - 2008: Research Assistant, Intelligent Polymer Research Institute, University of Wollongong.
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Gestos, A., Whitten, P.G., Spinks, G.M. & Wallace, G.G. Actuating Individual Electrospun Hydrogel Nanofibres. Soft Matter, (accepted)
- Gestos, A., Whitten, P.G., Spinks, G.M. & Wallace, G.G. Crosslinking neat ultrathin films and nanofibres of pH-responsive poly(acrylic acid) by UV radiation. Soft Matter 6, 1045 (2010).
- Hu, R. et al. Harvesting waste thermal energy using a carbon-nanotube-based thermo-electrochemical cell. Nano letters 10, 838-46 (2010).
- Xi, B. et al. Electrochemical pneumatic actuators utilising carbon nanotube electrodes. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 138, 48-54 (2009).
- Whitten, P.G., Gestos, A.A., Spinks, G.M., Gilmore, K.J. & Wallace, G.G. Free standing carbon nanotube composite bio-electrodes. Journal of biomedical materials research. Part B, Applied biomaterials 82, 37-43 (2007).
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Mr Adrian Gestos
Select another contact