IFM staff list
Dr Garschke joined the Australian Future Fibre and Innovation Centre (AFFRIC) as Postdoctoral Research Fellow in June 2011. She has a background in the field of composites processing and characterisation. Dr Garschke completed her PhD on an industry-based project in collaboration with Eurocopter Germany GmbH in the area of out-of-autoclave resin infusion of carbon fibre textile preforms and flow modelling. The research involved modelling-based cure kinetics characterisation and process optimisation.
Dr Garschke's current research interests lie in fundamental understanding of the effect of the production process on carbon fibre morphology and their final properties, low-cost manufacture of carbon fibre and development of advanced textile preforming concepts.
- PhD, (Deakin University, Australia - 2011)
- Dipl.-Ing. (FH), (University of Applied Sciences, Jena Germany - 2006)
Relevant employment history:
- 2011 - Present: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Deakin University
- 2006: Research Assistant, Eurocopter Germany, Department for Materials, Laboratories and Processes
- 2004 - 2005: Research Assistant, Innovent Technology Development e.V. Jena, Division of Primer and Chemical Surface Treatment
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- 1. Garschke, C., C. Weimer, P.P. Parlevliet and B.L. Fox, Characterisation and Modelling of Cure Kinetics and Resin Viscosity of a High-performance Epoxy Resin Film. Polymer Testing, 2012 (to be submitted)
- 2. Garschke, C., C. Weimer, P.P. Parlevliet, and B.L. Fox, Out-of-autoclave cure cycle study of a resin film infusion process using in situ process monitoring. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 2012, 43 (6): p. 935-944.
- 3. Garschke, C., C. Weimer, and B.L. Fox. Cure Cycle Study of an Out-of-Autoclave Resin Film Infusion Process. Proceedings of 15th International Conference on Composite Structures, ICCS 15. University of Porto, 2009.
- 4. Silcock, M.D., C. Garschke, W. Hall, and B.L. Fox, Rapid Composite Tube Manufacture Utilizing the QuickstepTM Process. Journal of Composite Materials, 2007, 41 (8): p. 965-978.
- 5. Kaiser, M., C. Garschke, B.L. Fox, C. Weimer, and K. Drechsler. Out of autoclave manufacture of structural aerospace composite materials. Proceedings of SAMPE Europe. Paris, 3-4 April 2007.
- 6. Silcock, M.D., C. Garschke, W. Hall, and B.L. Fox. A Novel Method of Tube Manufacture For Vehicle Crashworthiness Utilising The QuickstepTM Process. Proceedings of SAMPE Europe Conference Paris, 2005.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Ms Claudia Garschke
Select another contact