Deakin University AEC Training Courses
#Part I training course: Regulatory issues in the care and use of animals for research and teaching (CloudDeakin online training)
Animal use in research and teaching is governed by Victorian legislation. This session introduces staff and students to their responsibilities under the legislation.
The Animal Ethics Committee Part I Training Course is compulsory for all staff and students who are listed on an animal ethics application and who intend to use live animals in their research or teaching at Deakin University. This training is provided online through CloudDeakin. All staff and students must then complete the Animal Ethics Compulsory Part 1 Quiz.
Important: To gain access to the online training and the quiz, you will need to register for the "Office of Research Integrity" via Cloud Deakin. To do so:
- Log into Cloud Deakin
- Click on the More button in the top right of the screen,
- Select Self Registration from the drop down menu,
- Choose the Office of Research Integrity link in the registration page that opens, and
- Click Register.
The site will then appear within the My Sites area of your Cloud Deakin homepage (if you are a staff member, please ensure you look under your student tab).
To complete the Part 1 training, you will be sent a unique URL to access the training quiz. If you have not received this or the URL is corrupted, please contact the Animal Ethics office.
Knowledge of animal husbandry and the acquisition of practical skills are essential for good animal welfare. This session aims to introduce staff and student to the principles of laboratory rodent care and use. This course is compulsory for researchers undertaking research involving rodents.
Once you have been listed & approved as an investigator on an approved AEC application, you can then REGISTER for Part 2 training by submitting your details below:
The Aseptic Surgery Training Course is compulsory for all staff and students listed on an animal ethics application who plan to perform recovery surgery on animals.
This training is provided online through CloudDeakin. Researchers are required to complete the following:
- Online Tutortial - NC3R's Procedures With Care - aseptic surgery training online tutorial
- Online Quiz - Deakin researchers who will be conducting aseptic procedures must successfully complete the Aseptic Surgical Procedures Quiz
* To gain access to online training you will need to self-register within CloudDeakin via Self Registration and select the Office of Research Integrity. The "Office of Research Integrity" site will then appear within the My Sites area of your CloudDeakin homepage.