Deakin Research

Deakin Research

Request to work on an External Project

Investigators must notify the AEC in writing if they are involved in collaborative studies using animals at another institution, or if they are named in an application to the AEC of another institution (section 2.6.8 Code).

Deakin University staff or students who initiate or collaborate in work off-campus that involve the use of animals, must submit the following to the AEC Office.

Submit the following to the AEC Office:

  1. Request to work on an Notification to work on an external project form
  2. A copy of the approved External AEC application form
  3. A copy of the approval notice from the External Animal Ethics Committee

Interstate Licensing Requirements

Researchers who wish to conduct animal research in States and Territories other than Victoria must meet the particular State/Territory licensing requirements. If the work involves the use of animals interstate or overseas researchers are advised to Contact Us immediately as there may be a requirement for additional state licencing to be undertaken by Deakin University.

Animal ethics approval from Deakin University does not automatically allow research to be conducted in other Australian States and may require further approval from an animal ethics committee of the other state.

Additional approval or licensing can be a lengthy and expensive process.

Deakin University acknowledges the traditional land owners of present campus sites.

28th August 2013