Deakin Research

Deakin Research

Do I require approval?

All projects involving a dealing with a GMO (including exempt dealings) require written approval before work commences.

The approval process varies depending on the class of dealing with GMOs.

LBC and AWC approval is required for projects involving GMO animals.

In addition to project approval, the dealing may need to be conducted in a facility (room) that has been certified by the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR).

Deakin University acknowledges the traditional land owners of present campus sites.

11th November 2011