Deakin Research

Deakin Research

Transporting quarantine materials

If you are transporting quarantine material (import, export or transfer between Quarantine Approved Premises), contact the Department of Agriculture (DA) Biologicals unit to obtain information on the appropriate legislation.

Goods subject to continued quarantine must be contained at a QAP unless prior written approval is obtained from DA. For the transfer of quarantine materials between co-located premises (additional premises co-located under the nominated parent QAP; i.e. QAPs physically located on the same campus) or to another QAP, an Application for Transfer of Quarantine Material must be submitted to the DA Biologicals unit for approval.

Transport of biological material by post, road, rail or air is regulated. You must complete a Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) approved training course before you may pack or send dangerous goods (such as infectious substances and genetically modified organisms) by air. For more details, contact your Laboratory Manager.

Deakin University acknowledges the traditional land owners of present campus sites.

17th December 2013